Author Topic: #270: Ponyo / Throne of Blood / Top 5 Films of 2000  (Read 11307 times)

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
Re: #270: Ponyo / Throne of Blood / Top 5 Films of 2000
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »
I have been teaching podcasting at a college in Melbourne for the last three years (amongst many other music tech and multimedia subjects) and I always use Fimspotting as the primary example of what a podcast should be like. I refer to it as the ultimate podcast archetype  :)
Now we know why everyone in Melbourne loves us! That last sentence got me way too excited.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 03:58:17 AM »
Now we know why everyone in Melbourne loves us! That last sentence got me way too excited.

LOL!

I can't take any credit for your listener base in Melbourne. It is a big wonderful diverse city with a life of its own, and a discerning populace that loves to go out.

"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 01:47:55 AM »
Speaking as a person who absolutely adored District 9 and considers it his favorite movie of the year, I really can't believe just how strong the arguments have been about it - especially since the debate really isn't whether it was good or bad, but whether it was great or just OK.

And I'm fairly sure Matty read my mind this week, as the very thought that went through my head once you guys finished your original District 9 discussion was "I bet they'll get a lot of negative feedback from District 9 fans even though they liked the movie. They should really create some sort of disclaimer." Matty's spiel was much better written than anything I could have come up with, though.
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

kevdo

• http://www.the-frat-pack.com
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »
Video from Meet the Parents...
With Audio from Adam and Matty's Massacre Theatre.

Filmspotting Massacre Theatre #270

Had to cut a bit of dialogue to keep the entire clip in sync.

Brought to you by the Filmspotting fans at TheFratPack.com
Kevin Crossman - official Filmspotting nemesis
Sam Van Hallgren Nickname: "Captain Bullseye"
The Frat Pack Tribute at www.The-Frat-Pack.com

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
This is great, Kevin!  thanks!
Texan Down Under

Clovis8