Author Topic: September MDC: Best or Favorite Cinematography (Pairings in First Post)  (Read 21884 times)

NedMeier

• Elite Member
Re: September MDC: Sign Up Here!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 07:05:32 AM »
I'm in
Top 250  |  Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad  | The Worst

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »
Sounds like fun, I'll give it a go.  I'm in.
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:39 PM »
in
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm in.

pixote

You should be self banned 'till I see a United 93 review.  ;)

We should have a list of shame posted somewhere to motivate people to get caught up.  And really it's for everyone own good!
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »
I'm not in this month. Maybe next month.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 01:03:56 PM »
What exactly is this?
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »
What exactly is this?

So glad you asked!

Every month anyone that is interested "signs up" to be part of the Movie Dictator Club - it's where you get to assign a movie for someone else to watch, and someone gets to assign a movie for you to watch.  Every month there is a different theme.  One month it was animation, one month it was Female Directors.  This month it's 'great cinematography' (see the first post for more details on what that means).  Before the month is out, you watch your dictation and write a review in the "comments" thread.  (Here's mine from July, just as an example)

For me it's one of the funnest things we do here.   I'm the guy that's always griping when people don't get their reviews in on time

Hope you decide to join.  It would be great to have you :)   "sign up" here in this thread by saying you're in, and at some point the assigments will be chosen at random and posted
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:14:06 PM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »
How long do you have before you have to post the review? What is the punishment for not posting the review?
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
How long do you have before you have to post the review? What is the punishment for not posting the review?

Try to get it done by the end of the month.  Sadly there is no punishment.  I'm pushing to do the fingernail thing from Syriana.  :)  or at least a little public shaming!
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »

Try to get it done by the end of the month.  Sadly there is no punishment.  I'm pushing to do the fingernail thing from Syriana.  :)  or at least a little public shaming!

Yeah, unlike a proper dictatorship when it comes to punishment we rule with fists of jello.

Join though, it's much fun!

love