Author Topic: It Might Get Loud  (Read 642 times)

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
It Might Get Loud
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »
Has anyone else seen this?

The Mrs. and I both loved it. It is hard to dislike it when they keep playing music that has such an emotional resonance. Seriously, we both got very emotional when hearing old four-track demos of Where the Streets Have No Name.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
Re: It Might Get Loud
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »
i'll prolly hit it this week.  i really liked the trailer.  it also occurred to me that the film is probably getting some positive juju just from the music that makes it up.  still, i'm looking forward to it
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
The movie is enjoyable, but it is all about the craftsmanship of being a musician. The guys are pretty articulate, but often just switch to playing music to get their points across.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:56:16 AM »
It's playing at one theater in Portland this week.  I'm going to try to find time to catch it.  Hope I can - I fear I'll miss my opportunity (like I did with the Cove last week :( )
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)