love

Author Topic: Top 5 Movies You Hated  (Read 53752 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: Top 5 Movies You Hated
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2009, 12:54:38 AM »
The Bill Hader & Seth Rogen stuff was awful.
I didn't think they were awful, but it definitely felt like they belonged in a different film.
It was out place for sure, but not very funny either, I thought.
I thought Hader had some great moments.  Rogen was pretty forgettable.
It's funny, I thought Hader and Kristen Wiig were great in Adventureland, and just about nobody else does.

I loved them.  But I always love them.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2009, 02:10:49 AM »
Have to add the Jack Black/Ben Stiller poop-storm Envy.  I literally hated this film from the opening shot.  The opening credits a hurl-inducing camera rotating between the two characters as they get ready for the day.  I wanted to gouge my eyes out and squish them between my toes.
I've heard about this disaster of a film. I'm definitely checking this one out. Thanks for reminding me of this movie.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
I quite liked Superbad, I found it very funny in spite of Cera playing Cera yet again.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
The Bill Hader & Seth Rogen stuff was awful.
I didn't think they were awful, but it definitely felt like they belonged in a different film.
It was out place for sure, but not very funny either, I thought.
I thought Hader had some great moments.  Rogen was pretty forgettable.
It's funny, I thought Hader and Kristen Wiig were great in Adventureland, and just about nobody else does.

I did too.  Although I think I have a big crush on Wiig after Extract - despite the 8:00 sweatpant rule
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Senor Javi

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
When I'm watching a movie I make a commitment. My perception is that you need to be in it the whole way through and that you need to give it a fair shake. That said, there are precisely five movies that I hated so much, that were so terrible, so audience insulting, so devoid of any redeemable qualities, that I flipped off before the credit scroll. They are, in order of how quickly I turned them off, these:

5. Slacker Uprising / Captain Mike Across America / Whatever they are calling that bullshit Michael Moore "documentary" from last year
4. Final Destination
3. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
1. Moulin Rouge! (2001)

My Switchboard - Movies Watched in 2010, The Year So Far, Top 200 Films, and more!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »
4. Final Destination

What turned you off of this one? It's supposed to be a bunch of inventive deaths and it's quite awesome in that regard.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »
4. Final Destination

What turned you off of this one? It's supposed to be a bunch of inventive deaths and it's quite awesome in that regard.
I agree. Plus it's a neat idea to have death itself be the antagonist. It worked surprisingly well, I think.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »

I see the awesome side to it, but personally I find it pretty off-putting. The sequels are much worse, because you already know there's no hope or escape, so it really offers nothing but horrible, gratuitious death and a morbid anticipation leading up to each one.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
Morbid is my second favorite kind of anticipation. The first is ketchup.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

I see the awesome side to it, but personally I find it pretty off-putting. The sequels are much worse, because you already know there's no hope or escape, so it really offers nothing but horrible, gratuitious death and a morbid anticipation leading up to each one.

I can see that, but I personally don't have a problem with morbid anticipation. The movie was pretty clear about what it would be going into it and it delivered what I wanted so I was happy.

love