love

Author Topic: Top 5 Movies You Hated  (Read 53766 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Top 5 Movies You Hated
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
Final Destination is kind of fun. Final Destination 2 is practically a masterpiece.

I really hated every second of a movie called Excited that I saw at TIFF this year. Awful awful film. But I guess that's a standard for Canadian cinema.

Ouch-- I hope you're joking FM!

In my experience most Canadian cinema is either painfully dull and mediocre, or aggrivatingly bad.
The Tracey Fragments and Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary say otherwise.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »
As does Jesus of Montreal
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
1. Pearl Harbor (it's like the worst American history report thesis ever assembled)

2. The Heartbreak Kid (never in my life did I see a film that was so unfunny, it got me frustrated and the misuse of David Bowie's music that keeps popping up throughout just made me hate it even more)

3. North (A film I saw in the theaters that I was confused but after seeing it again recently, I realized how awful it was and what it takes to make a bad movie into a really awful one with loads of appearances where it's like "Hey, there's..." and Bruce Willis in a bunny suit)

5. Running with Scissors (A film where never in my life did I see a film that was absurd but really unfunny with characters that I didn't like at all.  Everyone was either whiny, overacting, and just used as a prop.  Though seeing Gwyneth Paltrow in braids was the only good thing.  It did nothing to make me hate this film so much)

I have a new film in that list at #4 with a bullet...

Towelhead (Man, I watched some of it again and hated it even more.  I hated everyone in this film.  Maria Bello as an unsympathetic mother and the guy who played the Lebanese father is not just an asshole but completely one dimensional.  Aaron Eckhart was just too stupid and Toni Collette wasted.  I hated the cinematography in the film and Alan Ball's writing and directing.  I hated the protagonist because she was CINECAST!ing annoying.  I F*CKING HATED THIS FILM!!!!!!!)
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
Final Destination is kind of fun. Final Destination 2 is practically a masterpiece.

I really hated every second of a movie called Excited that I saw at TIFF this year. Awful awful film. But I guess that's a standard for Canadian cinema.

In my experience most Canadian cinema is either painfully dull and mediocre, or aggrivatingly bad.

The few good do not outweigh the terrible.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

DanielG

« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »

Well I sure hope they do, otherwise there's not much hope for cinema at all. I would safely be willing to say that the majority of films made are of a quality most of us would find unappealing. I'm not saying most films are terrible, per se, but just by the volume of films out there, most of them are probably pretty junky. I don't doubt you've had bad experiences with Canadian cinema, but if one were to watch all the films mentioned in this thread you'd probably have a bad view of American cinema as well (not to mention whatever other nations have been represented so far).
It's curtains for you doctor...lacy, gently wafting curtains.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
Surprising coming from you, you're such a shameless homer most of the time.  :)

Have you watched Passchendaele yet? You'll laugh your ass off at how awful it is.
I think we've talked about it before, but yeah, it looks like the worst thing ever.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:38:51 AM by matt the movie watcher »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »

More like the plenty great, I really don't get why you are so down on Canadian cinema when it has given us The Fly, Videodrome, The Brood, The Sweet Hereafter, Crash (1996), Mon Oncle Antoine, Dead Ringers, Existenz, Exotica, Ginger Snaps, The Barbarian Invasions, The Triplets Of Belleville, Away From Her, Eastern Promises and others I'm sure I'm missing. Sure, your yardage may vary on the quality of some of these pictures, but Canada does produce quality cinema, a lot more then you want to give it credit for.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »

More like the plenty great, I really don't get why you are so down on Canadian cinema when it has given us The Fly, Videodrome, The Brood, The Sweet Hereafter, Crash (1996), Mon Oncle Antoine, Dead Ringers, Existenz, Exotica, Ginger Snaps, The Barbarian Invasions, The Triplets Of Belleville, Away From Her, Eastern Promises and others I'm sure I'm missing. Sure, your yardage may vary on the quality of some of these pictures, but Canada does produce quality cinema, a lot more then you want to give it credit for.

also My Winnipeg.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
Most of those you listed are from the same director. And Bellville is from France, I thought. Either way, unless it's from a notable director (Cronenberg, Egoyan, Maddin) my assumption with a Canadian film is that it's garbage, because unfortunately that is usually the case.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2009, 03:05:16 PM »
Most of those you listed are from the same director. And Bellville is from France, I thought. Either way, unless it's from a notable director (Cronenberg, Egoyan, Maddin) my assumption with a Canadian film is that it's garbage, because unfortunately that is usually the case.

You contact any Canadian distributors about getting us some screeners?