Author Topic: Community  (Read 64145 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: Community
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:05 PM »
I'm coming back next week for Abed.

His first credited role was as one of Santos' aides on The West Wing:D

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

dheaton

• Public Transportation Snob
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
I enjoyed it.   It didn't blow me away, but McHale's smooth approach will keep me watching it for at least 5-6 episodes.  The supporting characters are hit or miss, but we only met them for a short time, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.   
My Film and TV Blog - ptsnob.com
Letterboxd Profile - ptsnob

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
I started the second episode and it was so bad I actually felt the urge to tweet about it in hopes there would be enough negative buzz in the air that it would get canceled.

Only funny thing was the Spanish teacher.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »
I started the second episode and it was so bad I actually felt the urge to tweet about it in hopes there would be enough negative buzz in the air that it would get canceled.

I fear we are in the minority, so many people are praising this show and I have yet to find one funny moment in the first two episodes.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
Second episode was much better than the first. This show is not very funny yet, but McHale and a few of the supporters are great. In two episodes it is already better than the entirety of How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and 30 Rock combined.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »

I fear we are in the minority, so many people are praising this show and I have yet to find one funny moment in the first two episodes.

I want to like it, but it's been a big disappointment so far.  Loved that there was a montage set to "Wise Up", unfortunately it just wasn't very funny.

Second episode was much better than the first. This show is not very funny yet, but McHale and a few of the supporters are great. In two episodes it is already better than the entirety of How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and 30 Rock combined.

I don't watch HIMYM or BBT, but I just don't understand how you can be so wrong about 30 Rock.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
I want to like it, but it's been a big disappointment so far. 
This.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Marbe

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

Wow let's not get crazy. It's pretty funny though, the character with Aspbergers is gold.

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »

I don't watch HIMYM or BBT, but I just don't understand how you can be so wrong about 30 Rock.

It's FLY.  By now, you should understand that he is wrong about everything.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 06:26:15 PM »

Wow let's not get crazy. It's pretty funny though, the character with Aspbergers is gold.

Aspbergers is ALWAYS funny  ;D

love