love

Author Topic: Community  (Read 64133 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Community
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »
This show keeps getting better and better each week. The cast is pretty talented, not sure about the blonde yet, but McHale is fantastic and it's always funny. I'll be interested to see if, in the second season, it makes just as many strides as Parks has. NBC has a great slate of programs on Thursday. Now if only they would do something with that 9:30 slot.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »
This show keeps getting better and better each week. The cast is pretty talented, not sure about the blonde yet, but McHale is fantastic and it's always funny. I'll be interested to see if, in the second season, it makes just as many strides as Parks has. NBC has a great slate of programs on Thursday. Now if only they would do something with that 9:30 slot.

Do you work for NBC?  :P

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »
I am about to give it up, to me it's just not funny, I don't know if I have laughed once. 
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »
I'll be interested to see if, in the second season, it makes just as many strides as Parks has.

Parks only had a 6 episode run its first season and it's pretty hard to establish a comedy in so few episodes (The Office being another recent example).

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »

Do you work for NBC?  :P

My mind says yes, but my checks say no.

I am about to give it up, to me it's just not funny, I don't know if I have laughed once. 

:(

I'll be interested to see if, in the second season, it makes just as many strides as Parks has.

Parks only had a 6 episode run its first season and it's pretty hard to establish a comedy in so few episodes (The Office being another recent example).

Yes, but just in general. I look forward to the season of both shows.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 07:39:08 AM »
Who's still watching this?  Is it any good?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »
I watch regularly and I enjoy it a good deal. It's not as good as The Office, and it's certainly no Parks and Recreation, but watching each week has shown a significant increase in quality from one episode to the next, which has not been the case with Modern Family. I think those are the only two new shows I have been watching regularly. McHale is a great lead and most of the supporting cast is pretty great. Plus that one lady was on Drake and Josh. Not all of the jokes land, and sometimes the need to be too topical is annoying, but I do hope it gets picked up for a second season whenever that decision needs to be made.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

pixote
Still watching. For the non-leads, not McHale and the blonde. Ahped and Troy's relationship is the best part of the show.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »

pixote
Still watching. For the non-leads, not McHale and the blonde. Ahped and Troy's relationship is the best part of the show.

Agree.  Troy went from one of my least favorites to one of the best.  Apparently they showed some of the episodes out of order, which lead to a couple duds in a row.  While I generally find it to be the least funny of NBC's Thurs. night block (there's a lot of other worthwhile stuff going on), at this point I think it's worth watching.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
It's gone from completely terrible to very meh with occasional moments of funny, so that's something.