Author Topic: The unofficial Cinecast / Filmspotting flashback thread  (Read 19894 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: The unofficial Cinecast / Filmspotting flashback thread
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 10:32:21 AM »
Adam;

Maybe you remember where the Zebra/Penguin joke was? It was in the outtakes of a show. I remember I emailed you and told you how I spit coffee all over my microscope.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »
"The Cinema Show" ???

This is the first I've heard of this!  It'll be interesting to see how this evolves of the next 20 or so episodes.   (it was nice hearing the old timey Genesis!)

In the review of Thumbsucker, I heard the one line premise then the words "Polyphonic Spree" and immediately went to the movie queue.  Thanks for that recommendation. 

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »
(#77)

I love how they keep joking around about "the intern" messing things up.  The joke of course being that no such intern existed and the idea was so proposterous that the thought was funny in itself. 

The debate about licensing money and soundtrack music thankfully lasted just one show.  So I guess it wasn't tongue in cheek, since they reported a bunch of people donating money to the cause.  Once again - another would-be pivotal moment in Filmacinecast history.
Really enjoying this thread everyone. One note though -- I think we only got one donation to the cause. More swayed by the emails saying they enjoyed the music, or at least enjoyed being exposed to new music.

thanks for that clarification :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »
I'm amazed that on #79 in February of 2006 and there is a mention of Inglorious Basterds and There Will Be Blood.  Wow really early on both of these.  Wow way to be on top of things!  Sam announces his engagement.  Very nice.

Really great show as always and I'm REALLY intrigued by Tristram Shandy.  I'm going to have to see that one...
(switchboard)

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 06:44:19 PM »
Really great show as always and I'm REALLY intrigued by Tristram Shandy.  I'm going to have to see that one...
Definitely worth a look.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
Adam;

Maybe you remember where the Zebra/Penguin joke was? It was in the outtakes of a show. I remember I emailed you and told you how I spit coffee all over my microscope.
No recollection of this, but fortunately there's gmail:

"I have been listening to the show since episode two and I have to say the panda line at the end of the last episode was the best ever. However, it caused me to spit my coffee onto the $10,000 microscope on which I was working , and forced me to hurriedly spend a hour trying to clean it before my boss found out.

Love the show but give a man some warning next time."

May 16, 2008 - which would make it #210 or #209.

Damnit now I have to listen to this.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 06:57:12 PM »
Adam;

No recollection of this, but fortunately there's gmail:

"I have been listening to the show since episode two and I have to say the panda line at the end of the last episode was the best ever. However, it caused me to spit my coffee onto the $10,000 microscope on which I was working , and forced me to hurriedly spend a hour trying to clean it before my boss found out.

Love the show but give a man some warning next time."

May 16, 2008 - which would make it #210 or #209.

Damnit now I have to listen to this.

awesome thanks.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »
ha.  Great line: Laura Linney as the "age appropriate character delivery device".  Nice one Sam! (This was mentioned in an earlier pocast but I couldn't remember where.  So glad it got repeated in episode #81. 

I was trying to think of this line when the subject of Jennifer Aniston came up in another thread.
(switchboard)

With fronds like these...

• I'm on Twitter...
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »
This is an amazing thread - and I am also going to backtrack to the start. I think I joined around #150.
An interesting start as Sam gave 5* reviews to The Lives of Others and 300 in consecutive weeks...

My favourite revisit so far was the Grave of the Fireflies review (#138). I heard the Animation marathon Awards, which really intrigued me about the film, and I finally saw it a couple of months ago. Then listened to the review. Sounds like Adam and I had a similar reaction. Dusty doesn't quite cover it.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
ha.  Great line: Laura Linney as the "age appropriate character delivery device".  Nice one Sam! (This was mentioned in an earlier pocast but I couldn't remember where.  So glad it got repeated in episode #81. 

It was in The Squid and the Whale.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.