Author Topic: The unofficial Cinecast / Filmspotting flashback thread  (Read 19888 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: The unofficial Cinecast / Filmspotting flashback thread
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
In the outtakes for episode #156 - whoa what the flip was THAT?  Had someone broken into the call-in interview Adam had with Shia Labeouf?  By the way it must be said -- long before Lebeof became the Transformers megastar he sure sounded like a know-it-all-punk (like how nicely I worded that) in that interview during the show.  Adam, as usual, handled it with great professionalism.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
Why all the hate for the Beef?
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
Show #157.  In the outtakes is a story relating to Five Easy Pieces.  This is Filmspotting GOLD.  Probably the highlight of everything I've heard to this point.

Great story Sam.  Great great story :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:51:58 PM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »
Show #157.  In the outtakes is a story relating to Five Easy Pieces.  This is Filmspotting GOLD.  Probably the highlight of everything I've heard to this point.

Great story Sam.  Great great story :D

so that's where it is. One of my fav outtakes.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:06:45 PM by 'Noke »
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
It's been a while since I've checked in.    Just finished listening to FS 167 and it was a good one - even though Sam couldn't be there (moving day!) and Scott helped out again

Instead of trying to summarize the last 10 episodes I'll just do this quick time capsule

Episode #167
1) We're in the middle of the Noir marathon.  It has been the only one that hasn't been very interesting for me thus far.  They had previously finished the silent film marathon which got me pretty stoked to see the Passion of Joan of Ark.  (someday! UGH - the list is long)

2) Today they reviewd Sicko - Scott made the comment that is interesting in hindsight - that MM shouldn't have shot so high and theoretically and instead focussed on things more local and concrete - Scott was making the point that documentaries by in large don't translate into a movements.  I wonder how much connective tissue there is in this case looking back?

3) The BEST LISTENER REVIEW ever on Transformers.  It must be heard.  Hillarious.  I rewinded it twice.  If only this listener knew just how good this movie would be compared to its sequel.  It's funny listening to this review and Scott and Adam's comments.  When Tr2 came out there almost seemed to be an apologetic, sympathetic look back at the first one.  You detected no such guilty pleasures being had!

4) Matty Ballgame makes his 5th "appearance" on the show - chiming in with listener feedback on who you'd cast in your movie - suggesting that instead of great actors - bring around people you'd love to hang out with between shooting!  (this was a great segment by the way - lots of clever feedback came in)

5) Top 5 was the top 5 one-man-against-the-machine movies.  Adam had both Network and Fast Food Nation on his.
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »
OMG....what was that they just said...that coming up after the next break a big announcement?  here's the tease "first a name change, then a host name change, then perhaps the biggest change of all?"  oh no what could it be???
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 12:15:38 PM »
I can't believe it.  I'm nearly in tears.  Sam is leaving the show.  As much as this is not a surprise it's a shock. 

Being replaced by a guy who calls "Major League" his favorite movie!!??  The hoax continues!!!

I'm really curious those who were regular listeners to the show back when this announcement was made just how you took the news and what your first impressions of Matty were.

I'm actually right now three shows into Matty's tenure and i'm really amazed at how comfortable he sounds behind the mike - there really is no hiccup in quality.  I'm really curious about the emails that came into the show behind the scenes when he first came on board. 

One of the funniest things on the show so far - Matty chastising Adam for cheating and including Peter Finch in his Top 5 senior performances even though he was 64.   In the teaser that followed Matty says "what difference does it make???!"  hillarious.

When I get a minute I want to post some thoughts about Sam.  It was really really great going back to the early shows and "getting to know him" .  (I came to the podcast around Epside 220 or so.)   It would be nice to get an update from him on how things are going with his career, etc
(switchboard)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »
It would be nice to get an update from him on how things are going with his career, etc

Have you listened to the latest After Dark? :)

Still enjoying your trip back through time. I did the whole back-catalog thing when I first started listening and it was great.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
Did you not notice that it said Sam's Big farewell in the title? Or was that episode 176 where it said that and it was 174 that said a big surprise? I cant remember.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
It would be nice to get an update from him on how things are going with his career, etc

Have you listened to the latest After Dark? :)

Still enjoying your trip back through time. I did the whole back-catalog thing when I first started listening and it was great.

Oh!  What timing!  no I haven't yet.  Need to do that

The final Sam show was very cool.  All the flashback stuff was awesome - glad they got the Laura Linney line in .  Probably my favorite thing in the first 160 or so shows.  They're currently talking about possibly having her in an upcoming interview....how ironic!

The show seems really interview heavy right now.  I must admit - at first I thought it was really super cool - a real badge of honor for the little podcast that could - but they're probably the least favorite part of the show for me (but I say that with some exceptions in mind).  I wonder if it was by design to focus less on them in later episodes?

My favorite interview on the show was with that high school play director that put on "Brick".  But I'm getting way ahead of myself
(switchboard)