love

Author Topic: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions (2009-2016)  (Read 1228547 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions
« Reply #710 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

I feel the same way. Not a day goes by that I don't say to boyfriend my wife "I have to tell you about a post on the boards."  I never thought an internet message board would be such a big part of my life.

"Hey, I bet someone has posted something new to Filmspotting, why don't you go check?"

Does she say that to you, too?

No, but I wish she would.  That is a classic line.  Maybe I'll suggest it to her.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2010, 04:15:32 AM »
Funny, I always have trouble telling people about the forum.

Heh.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »
If you were to compile your Top 100 now, how many 2009 movies would make the cut? For me, three.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #713 on: January 03, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »
If you were to compile your Top 100 now, how many 2009 movies would make the cut? For me, three.

I had...four I believe. Imaginarium would've been knocked out next time around, but something else will make it, so I'm thinking, IB, Brother's Bloom(I think), Hurt Locker, Moon, and Where The Wild Things Are.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »

I had...four I believe. Imaginarium would've been knocked out next time around, but something else will make it, so I'm thinking, IB, Brother's Bloom(I think), Hurt Locker, Moon, and Where The Wild Things Are.

My Top 100 already has 2009 releases on it. Also, 'Noke, you forgot about Thirst.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »

My Top 100 already has 2009 releases on it. Also, 'Noke, you forgot about Thirst.

I will never forget Thirst.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »

I will never forget Thirst.

Cool, it has lasting power. Now all we have to do is work on the re-evaluation part  :P

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
Only 2 for me.  Strange year.

2. With two others following close.

Inglourious Basterds and A Serious Man would be on it, and there is potential for Up and The Hurt Locker.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
Probably 2, Moon (for sure, as I gave it a *****, which I've only rated about 30 films at all time), and Broken Embraces.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
None.

love