Author Topic: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions (2009-2016)  (Read 1227980 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions
« Reply #920 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »
I can understand upgrading a movie's resolution to closely replicate the theatrical experience (i.e., Blu-ray), but I can't understand remastering films in 3D.

It won't make Beauty and the Beast better - nor The Lion King, nor any movie.

I'll be honest. Im somewhat intrigued by the chance to finally correct some seriously subpar animation in Beauty and the Beast that got into the final cut due to severe time constraints.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #921 on: January 20, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
Also, even though it would be 3D I never saw the film in it's original release and would very much enjoy any chance I could get to see it on the big screen.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #922 on: January 20, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
Keith, I want to hug you.  Best joke I have heard all day!

;D

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #923 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »
I thought the Beauty and the Beast Blu-Ray comes out this October? Either way, if this does come out in February, well, I'll have to make some choices, and I'm not entirely sure that Ashton or Emma would approve of the direction in which I'd go.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #924 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
The Civil War is so good. That style has been beaten to death now but that series blew me away when I first saw it.

I defy anyone to watch the segment with the letter to his wife from the soldier about to go into battle and not have it get at least a little dusty in the room.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #925 on: January 21, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
I thought the Beauty and the Beast Blu-Ray comes out this October? Either way, if this does come out in February, well, I'll have to make some choices, and I'm not entirely sure that Ashton or Emma would approve of the direction in which I'd go.

No. It wouldn't be delayed to this October. It would be delayed till October 2011. The bluray is still coming this October.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #926 on: January 21, 2010, 08:58:03 AM »
So the Blu-Ray is just being released for fun, not to coincide with the 20th Anniversary? That is dumb, where is Herc?

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #927 on: January 21, 2010, 09:03:10 AM »
So the Blu-Ray is just being released for fun, not to coincide with the 20th Anniversary? That is dumb, where is Herc?

It's being released because it is third(fourth or fifth actually) in line after Fantasia/Fantasia 2000/Fantasia World in the Disney Diamond Collection.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #928 on: January 21, 2010, 09:04:54 AM »

It's being released because it is third(fourth or fifth actually) in line after Fantasia/Fantasia 2000/Fantasia World in the Disney Diamond Collection.

I don't get it, does this mean that Fantasia is supposed to be released on Blu-Ray as well? I bet that The Magician's Apprentice is going to be better than the entirety of Fantasia.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #929 on: January 21, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »

I don't get it, does this mean that Fantasia is supposed to be released on Blu-Ray as well? I bet that The Magician's Apprentice is going to be better than the entirety of Fantasia.

Fantasia/Fantasia 2000/Fantasia World are being released on Blu-ray as part of the Diamond Collection in May. It isn't clear if they will only be released separately or if they will be together in a boxset. The Diamond Collection is the successor to the Platinum Collection which started on DVD early last decade with the release of Snow White, followed by Beauty and the Beast and culminating in the Blu-ray/DVD release of Pinocchio. With Snow White's release on Blu-ray late last year the collection was effectively restarted as The Diamond Collection, and they will run through the same set of films, in mostly the same order of release as the Platinums, with Fantasia added. Aladdin will potentially be removed and/or replaced by Alice in Wonderland in the Diamond Collection due to rumoured disappointing sales of its original Platinum DVD. For reference, the original intent of the Platinum Collection was to release the Top 10 best-selling Disney titles from the VHS era on DVD with completely restored picture and extensive bonus features. This was later expanded to 14, and the Diamond Collection is essentially an updated version of this, with the focus on Blu-ray.