love

Author Topic: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions (2009-2016)  (Read 1228175 times)

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
Re: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions
« Reply #1330 on: February 23, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
The Kid, at the end of Back to the Future 3.... what is he trying to say to us, the audience?

Creepy Kid from Back To The Future 3 points to his flux capacitor
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #1331 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
He wants to go to the washroom.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1332 on: February 23, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
The forensic anthropology stuff always gets me. Every TV anthropologist can tell a persons name, favorite sport, and every person they ever slept with based on a small piece of their skull.

When in reality it is often difficult to get gender and broad racial categories.

I know!  And even if you could tell all that stuff, what are the chances that that one person has something unique enough in their profile to definitively ID them?

Interesting coincidence, though:  the illegally-obtained-grafts-giving-recipients-diseases concept was a "ripped from the headlines" type story because a ring that was doing that (harvesting tissue and bone from bodies scheduled for cremation without families' knowledge or consent, faking records so that a 60-something year old guy who died of cancer is supposed to be a healthy 25 year old, taking tissue from bodies that had been left out for 100+ hours when less than 10 is the limit etc--complete nightmare) was busted a couple of years ago in NYC and Philadelphia.

And I know this because the Philadelphia Magazine article about the case was in the Best American True Crime Reporting 2009 book that I have and I read that article 2 days ago.  weird huh?

If you are curious the article is online:  http://www.phillymag.com/articles/body_snatchers/page1

yeah - obviously it was a big deal around these parts (being both local and in the bone graft industry).  Alistair Cooke is always the name that comes up as the celebrity that was the unfortunate victim of the tissue thieves.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1333 on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
Can one of you James Gray fans get me some Little Odessa screen captures? There are next to none on the interwebs.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1334 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1335 on: February 23, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
I keep clicking the little X and it just keeps coming back.

Reason 7853 that I hate facebook.

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1336 on: February 23, 2010, 03:58:42 PM »
I keep clicking the little X and it just keeps coming back.

Reason 7853 that I hate facebook.

I saw it on Facebook, so it must be true!  :o
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1337 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
So I rented "A Serious Man" and I was wondering if my Dad would like it. He's big into physics and loves Hitchcock's dark, dry sense of humor. Somehow from smatterings I've heard I feel that maybe he might enjoy it.

I know my Mom won't like it because of the boobies. (Actually, I'll probably skip that since I'm watching it in the living room on Bluray.)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #1338 on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:03 PM »
So I rented "A Serious Man" and I was wondering if my Dad would like it. He's big into physics and loves Hitchcock's dark, dry sense of humor. Somehow from smatterings I've heard I feel that maybe he might enjoy it.

I know my Mom won't like it because of the boobies. (Actually, I'll probably skip that since I'm watching it in the living room on Bluray.)

The boobies are barely seen. If the language isn't going to bother them than maybe.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #1339 on: February 25, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
Also, can someone help tell me how I can get screen captures on my mac?
Apple + Shift + 3 will take a grab of the whole screen.
Apple + Shift + 4 will bring up a cursor - you select the part of the screen you want, and it clips that. VLC is certainly gonna be more accurate, but this way can be very useful.