Author Topic: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions (2009-2016)  (Read 1228301 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Random Movie Thoughts/Questions
« Reply #1360 on: February 28, 2010, 10:20:55 AM »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1361 on: February 28, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
I thought Avatar comparisons/discussions had been relegated to the spoiler thread and/or put on indefinite hiatus  ???  ???  ???

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1362 on: February 28, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
Never!

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1363 on: February 28, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »
District 9 is probably one of the most gore, vomit and vicera filled Best Picture nominees ever.
Stomach churning.

Silence of the Lamb?
Goodfellas

Pulp Fiction

None come close to the flesh and gore splatter on the lens - let alone Wickus' constant vomiting or the eating habits of the prawns.
Hey, nice marmot!

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1364 on: February 28, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
District 9 is probably one of the most gore, vomit and vicera filled Best Picture nominees ever.
Stomach churning.

Silence of the Lamb?
Goodfellas

Pulp Fiction

None come close to the flesh and gore splatter on the lens - let alone Wickus' constant vomiting or the eating habits of the prawns.

Wow, if I already didn't want to see this movie enough, you just made me want to see it even less.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1365 on: February 28, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »
Stomach churning.

Silence of the Lamb?
Goodfellas

Pulp Fiction

Ya thats true it is pretty gross now that I think about it.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #1366 on: February 28, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
It certainly made it an interesting film for me. I found it more visceral than Antichrist. I had my hands over my face and was looking away from the screen and squirming like anything in District 9, and didn't even flinch in Antichrist.

I think it's been one of the biggest reasons I've never quite gotten a handle on District 9.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1367 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
I am use to watching a lot of horror/slasher films when younger so the grossness of District 9 never really sinks in where the scenes in Antichrist leave a much more lasting impression as it feels like you are watching this happen to another person while watching it.  I get a very uncomfortable feeling while watching Antichrist just as I would if I was watching something like Irréversible.  Though I really enjoyed District 9, it does not give me that kind of reaction at all.

Also, I sometimes ate cat food when I was very young so maybe I do not find their eating habits too extreme.  Though, I only liked the crunchy kind.                       
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1368 on: February 28, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
I'm just not excited to see Un Prophète. I can't explain why, I'm just not. I even saw the trailer and thought 'eh, I can wait for the DVD.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1369 on: March 01, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »
In laymans terms can someone describe to me what an SLR camera is? I tried to understand but I just couldn't get a grasp of it.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.