love

Author Topic: Filmspotter Confessions  (Read 106259 times)

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
Re: Filmspotter Confessions
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
I've never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Mad Men, Breaking Bad

Curb - You haven't seen the greatness that is Krazee-Eyez Killa in whole?  Oh my, Curb is one of the great pleasures in life.

Mad Men - A tad overrated, but definitely the best American tv drama since The Wire.

Breaking - A tad overrated, but very, very, very good.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
I have no desire to ever see Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I never liked Seinfeld.  I dislike Larry David and his type of humor a lot, and do not wish to spend any of my limited time with him.

Senor Javi

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »
I've never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Gallactica, or Entourage.

pixote

I'm going to have to cop to 4 out of 5 of these (Battlestar saves me again). Luckily I can hold in my back pocket that I was too busy watching The Wire and 30 Rock to watch these shows. Nobody can get angry at me for that. Nobody.
My Switchboard - Movies Watched in 2010, The Year So Far, Top 200 Films, and more!

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »
I almost included 30 Rock in my list, but I think I've seen at least one full episode. Not positive, though.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Senor Javi

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
I almost included 30 Rock in my list, but I think I've seen at least one full episode. Not positive, though.

pixote

The first two seasons are available for instant viewing on Netflix. This is how I got caught up. Now, if they could put season three up there, then we'd really be in business.
My Switchboard - Movies Watched in 2010, The Year So Far, Top 200 Films, and more!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
I've never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Gallactica, or Entourage.

pixote

I'm going to have to cop to 4 out of 5 of these (Battlestar saves me again). Luckily I can hold in my back pocket that I was too busy watching The Wire and 30 Rock to watch these shows. Nobody can get angry at me for that. Nobody.

I won't get angry but I will tell you that Curb is about a million, maybe a billion, times better than 30 Rock, and I really like 30 Rock.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »

pixote

The first two seasons are available for instant viewing on Netflix. This is how I got caught up. Now, if they could put season three up there, then we'd really be in business.

The third season has been on instant for a couple of weeks now.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »

pixote

I'll add Heros, 24, 30 Rock, The Office, American Dad, The Sopranos, and Desperate Housewives to my list.  Just not that much of a TV watcher....

In fact, it which be much easier to list what I do watch: Lost, Jeopardy, the occasional How I Met Your Mother, Seinfeld reruns and when the time affords itself: any channel showing 22 guys and a little oblong ball.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Verite

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »

pixote

Season 3 is up on Instant Viewing.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

Verite

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

pixote

I'll add Heros, 24, 30 Rock, The Office, American Dad, The Sopranos, and Desperate Housewives to my list.  Just not that much of a TV watcher....

There aren't many American films I'd chose to watch over The Sopranos (and The Wire).
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May