love

Author Topic: Filmspotter Confessions  (Read 106198 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Filmspotter Confessions
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »
I hated Dane Cook before it was cool!

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
I worry that I spend too much time consuming media and not enough time actually living my life.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
I worry that I spend too much time consuming media and not enough time actually living my life.

I have almost completely given up on any media and it is great.  Knowing a lot about what is going on in general really doesn't help with enjoying life. Pretty much my only exposure to media is briefly checking up on stocks most days and occasionally reading something in a paper when somebody stands in front of me on the train with a newspaper shoved in my face.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »

I have almost completely given up on any media and it is great.  Knowing a lot about what is going on in general really doesn't help with enjoying life. Pretty much my only exposure to media is briefly checking up on stocks most days and occasionally reading something in a paper when somebody stands in front of me on the train with a newspaper shoved in my face.

you don't watch movies? read books? browse the net?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2010, 02:36:12 AM »

Yes, or course, I think maybe I misunderstand her to mean spending too much time consuming the news media which I find is not very helpful to my life. 

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:21 AM »

Yes, or course, I think maybe I misunderstand her to mean spending too much time consuming the news media which I find is not very helpful to my life. 

oh... Colleen, clarify :D

(I'd assumed it was all media not just the informational variety)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
All media:  reading, watching movies, watching tv, internetz, gaming, listening to music etc.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
Just today I discovered what mst3k is (the acronym and the show).

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »
I'm Banksy.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »