love

Author Topic: Filmspotter Confessions  (Read 106220 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Filmspotter Confessions
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
what the hell is a negative vote?

just ignore them. All you have to do is vote for those you liked.

Negative votes are if you want to vote against a film. I didn't use them. I doubt they get used very much.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
Well I don't think I am uninterested just completely confused about the whole thing.  *shrug*

It's incredibly easy UGG. All you do is list the top films, directors, actors etc you liked most last decade. You can list anywhere from 1-20 it doesn't matter, and you dont even have to rank them.

That's it.

(if you want you can worry about negative votes and all that stuff but I didn't use any)

Right, I think it's easier than the extensive FAQ makes it look. It's just there to cover the bases is all.

I think if you just look at this post it will tell you everything you need to know.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
I ignored the 'Brackets' sub-forum for the longest time cause I didn't know what it was and was too lazy to figure it out. Eventually though, after a year or something, I finally just said 'okay what is this?' because everyone kept talking about it. It was pretty simple to figure out once I gave it a chance. And next to switching to brown bread it was the best decision I ever made.

I'm just sayin'... :)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
I ignored the 'Brackets' sub-forum for the longest time cause I didn't know what it was and was too lazy to figure it out. Eventually though, after a year or something, I finally just said 'okay what is this?' because everyone kept talking about it. It was pretty simple to figure out once I gave it a chance. And next to switching to brown bread it was the best decision I ever made.

I'm just sayin'... :)

Hah! I did the same. It looked so intimidating at first, sure am glad I got over it. ;D

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

:P

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
pix, uninterested was a poor choice of word. I've just become very disillusioned by just about ever poll/ranking/voting list on here. I vote and then get angry and then rant all over the place. I'm just going to stay away from anything of the sort. It'll keep me from getting annoyed, which in turn will keep you from getting annoyed by me. Consider my absense from it a gift, pix. It's all for you.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »

I'm just letting people know it's not that complicated. I really doubt negative votes are going to play much of a roll.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »

I'm just letting people know it's not that complicated. I really doubt negative votes are going to play much of a roll.

OH! Sounded like you were making a funny there! 

But yeah you're right, no need for anyone to get bogged down on that.

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
pix, uninterested was a poor choice of word. I've just become very disillusioned by just about ever poll/ranking/voting list on here. I vote and then get angry and then rant all over the place. I'm just going to stay away from anything of the sort. It'll keep me from getting annoyed, which in turn will keep you from getting annoyed by me. Consider my absense from it a gift, pix. It's all for you.

for me, a realitve cinenoob, I like the collective lists.  I envision myself taking the Top 50 films and working through all the ones I haven't seen - and do so hope others do the same. 

But in general - it's just for fun!  Stuff like this are our Donky Kong high scores...it's only worth the value individuals put on it!
(switchboard)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:17 PM »

But in general - it's just for fun! 

this x10000.

People take these things WAY too seriously. The point is it's fun to see what list gets produced and of course some films you like will not make while others you dont will. Who cares?