love

Author Topic: Filmspotter Confessions  (Read 106241 times)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Filmspotter Confessions
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »
 ;D
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
What were you doing with your keys out in the bathroom?

I know of an activity that requires ones keys to be out the bathroom stall...
fleiger!
Hey, nice marmot!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
But not for deoderizing.  :o

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2011, 11:19:45 PM »
I rent crappy movies from Redbox that probably would never show up in my Netflix queue.  They are like impulse buys for me when I am leaving the drug store or grocery store.  This week I have rented The Tourist, Going the Distance, Life as We Know It, Love and Other Drugs and Green Hornet.  I can't help it. I haven't seen Love and Other Drugs or The Green Hornet yet, but out of the other three, Life as We Know It was probably the best. Someone help!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
Sounds like my dad's Netflix Queue.

Sometimes I use his crappy taste in movies as an excuse to watch the ones I kind of sort of actually wanted to watch even though I should know better. :-[

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Grey weird or bald weird? Would you care to discuss how such weirdness is undermining your masculinity? Or perhaps how societal pressure is enforcing expectations of a lack of weirdness upon your chest hair.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
I really hate what an awful hermit I've become.  We have a great new comedy club (Helium) in town and I've already missed a bunch of my favorite comedians.  This weekend I could see Andy Kindler and I just know I'm not going to.  I'll end up sitting on my couch and watching DVDs, like I do every single night of my life.  I don't even go out to movies anymore.  I swore I was going to change that this year, and I still haven't done it.  I only have one person in town that I can still reasonably call a "friend" and I've seen him maybe 2 or 3 times in the past five years.

I ought to be in therapy, but I don't even have the motivation to do that.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
I really hate what an awful hermit I've become.  We have a great new comedy club (Helium) in town and I've already missed a bunch of my favorite comedians.  This weekend I could see Andy Kindler and I just know I'm not going to.  I'll end up sitting on my couch and watching DVDs, like I do every single night of my life.  I don't even go out to movies anymore.  I swore I was going to change that this year, and I still haven't done it.  I only have one person in town that I can still reasonably call a "friend" and I've seen him maybe 2 or 3 times in the past five years.

Here's my recipe for you:
Go to the Living Room Theaters and see Joueuse (if you like chess or are interested in hearing Kevin Kline speak French) and order the hummus. Then spend an hour or two at Powell's. If they have my favorite book, Moonraker's Bride by Madeline Brent, get it. You'll like it. Next order some drinking chocolate at Cacao--because you can (I'm so envious!). Then hit your comedy club. Go celebrate Martin!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:30:48 PM by Sandy »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »
Sometimes in Shop Rite and other grocery stores there are whole fish in the seafood department. They are pretty big, kind of just sitting on ice, and still have the skin and everything in tact. I like to poke the eyes when people are looking. Like, I'll pretend to be a connoisseur, and partially I am because seafood is my favorite kind of food, but I just hover over looking down at it. I'm judging that damn fish, by the cover, by the page, I'm pretending to formulate an opinion. And as its lifeless eyes stare back at me, we both know how it's going to end, the only way it truly can end. I give a haughty turn, and then I just poke the eye. Sometimes I let it feel around, touching that damn fish eye. I'll never buy one, I wouldn't know what to do with it, but I'll pretend to be Mr. Seafood Bourgeois just so I can feel its now defunct peeper.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »

I hardly ever go out to see a movie, myself.  Maybe you and I should see a film, even if its just one we could openly laugh at and irritate any audience members who happen to be like Corey.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky