love

Author Topic: Filmspotter Confessions  (Read 106213 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Filmspotter Confessions
« Reply #550 on: December 08, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »
Ok. Lately it's been a little testy round here. There's been more arguing and less discussing. I am a part of that problem. I've been looking for things to get angry at. I've been picking fights and not backing down. So here's my pledge to you, my internet friends. I'll stop being so damn argumentative. I'll return to being Junior 1.0. Reboot the system. You wanna hate on a trailer irrationally? HAVE AT IT! You wanna use a bunch of pictures to say nothing? PLEASE DO! I'll smile and walk on by. Or I'll drop a little joke. But you'll see no more arguing from me, because I hate it in myself. Unless you say that it's been a bad year for film. Then all bets are off.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »
Sounds good, Jr.  :)

When not interested in somebody's post, I usually just ignore it. Unless someone is being abusive, I generally don't see the point in making a stink. Debate is good, but let's not confuse it with pettiness. This whole thing is supposed to be fun. Let's not chase away our most awesome contributors with bad vibes.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Totoro

« Reply #552 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:18 AM »
We all need to calm down and observe the ways of Corndog. He's probably the most chill person I've ever encountered, on the internet or off.

Me? Well, I'm just naturally argumentative. I'll try to dial down a notch though.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #553 on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:19 AM »
Thanks, brah.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #554 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »
I've been telling you guys, one-liners are the way to go when posting. They don't even have to be funny.  ::)
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »
I've been telling you guys, one-liners are the way to go when posting. They don't even have to be funny.  ::)

AAAustin and Jim Brown are excellent at that. 

I can't seem to do that.  And SoF, you seem to have an issue with posting anything under two pages, single spaced.  Although I will say that your reviews, while encyclopedic, are great reading.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #556 on: December 10, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »

AAAustin and Jim Brown are excellent at that. 

I can't seem to do that.  And SoF, you seem to have an issue with posting anything under two pages, single spaced.  Although I will say that your reviews, while encyclopedic, are great reading.

I always go with the more the better. Mainly because they are from my blog first and foremost, so I often see how it looks space-wise there before I copy and paste it for here (where it always looks like I wrote a lot more).

I also seem to type out everything that comes to my head, which is why I'll often include info that doesn't really pertain to my actual thoughts on the film (such as thoughts on the directors, actors, behind-the-scenes, etc.).
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #557 on: December 27, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
I have the tendency of going just at the speed limit when I see someone I consider to be tailgaiting me, even though my default is usually a modest amount over the speed limit.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #558 on: December 27, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »
I do the same thing. Stick to 5 mph over generally, never really any more, unless the flow of traffic dictates otherwise. Usually that happens on highways.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #559 on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:25 PM »
Stay safe out there filmspotters!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."