love

Author Topic: Films For A Film Club  (Read 2095 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Films For A Film Club
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:27 AM »
How about:

Real Women Have Curves  (PG13, 86min)

In America (PG13, 103min)

Lars and the Real Girl (PG13, 97 min)

Spellbound (documentary-G, 97 min)

Hoop Dreams (doc, PG13, 171 min so definite 2 parter)

Hoop Reality (picks up story from Hoop Dreams, Not rated, 90 min)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:34 AM »
There's a continuation to Hoop Dreams? Why?

exskiman

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »
Best in Show was on my original list of possible films actually.

...but 'This is Spinal Tap' is so much better..

Yes but to 16 year olds? And well hehe I'm a high schooler who didn't like Brick though I mean I am not against showing it. I've already had 2 weeks of it I showed Groundhogs Day the first week and people really seemed to enjoy that and the second week I showed Fargo (my teacher advisor not too happy about the sex scenes which truthfully I forgot about and so did she cause she said its one of her favorite films so R is fine just sex is a no-no) that was not received as well as Groundhogs Day. Some people liked it a lot, others not so much and if I had a nickel for every time somebody said 'ya' I could probably take the whole club to the movie theatre (to see Saw VI of course not something like An Education). I'm going to try for The Usual Suspects next friday (some more actiony stuff) maybe Memento, Run Lola Run (which I haven't seen though) and in between try to throw in the occasional No Country or maybe, dare I say, Manhattan. Some docs though too, I think Spellbound would be good (Bowling for Columbine or Roger and Me something Moore I'm thinking as well). Maybe some things I haven't even seen a few decades back (The Sting, The French Connection, Dirty Harry). But I did get over 10 people to come to both of them so thats an accomplishment, no?

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:23:48 AM »
But I did get over 10 people to come to both of them so thats an accomplishment, no?

Yeah, that's awesome.  :D

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

love