Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85319 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
You can't save other people.

But I have to try!

pixote's hero complex

Good luck!  Maybe it will work for you.  I hope so.

saltine's realistic self
Texan Down Under

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2009, 08:03:31 PM »

4) I was in a 4 year relationship with someone who is mentally ill, he was verbally and mentally abusive, and was hospitalized 5 times while we were together (this was at the same time I was getting my PhD, which added to the stress).  It was the hardest thing to do leaving someone who you thought you could help, but who was totally damaging to you at the same time.  It still affects me.  That was not the first bad relationship that I had been in, and now I am with a wonderful guy, and I don't know if I can ever be as open with him as he deserves because of my past.

Sorry to hear this.  Thanks for sharing this story

You can't save other people.  Take care of yourself.  (I'm speaking from  a personal lesson learned the tough way.)  Good for you that you can recognize a "wonderful guy" when you see one. Some make the same mistake, choosing abuse over and over.

I realized that you can't save other people, no matter how hard you try, and I was always putting his needs in front of myself.  That was the eventual breaking part, I couldn't be there for someone who wasn't willing to help themselves.  I've learned so much about myself from that experience, and I would never want to go through that again, but at least I came out of it with something.  
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2009, 08:10:55 PM »
1.I like to sleep in my cloths.  I know weird, but I don't do it every night, I just like the way it feels.

2.I have this insane ability to date women who are vegetarians or vegans even though I'm a ravenous carnivore.  In fact the last 4 women I dated had specialized diets, as in 3 vegans and 1 vegetarian.  Its always an accident, and when we make dinner plans for the first time, this is generally when I discover this, and always makes it difficult.  The relationships don't last.

3.I always where two layers, be it a t-shirt and a polo, button down or jumper.  You will never see me only in a T-Shirt.

4.I played high school football for Don Bosco Prep, one of the most storied teams in the Nation.  See the USA Today poll:  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/poll/2009-super25.htm
Currently ranked number 2 in the Nation.  Oh, by the way, I was terrible.  But I did block for and graduate with Green Bay Packers Runningback Ryan Grant.

5.Met my Mentor and Hero, Adam Kimmel (DP of Beautiful Girls, Capote, Rudio y Cusio), through Myspace after trying for years to contact him through his agency and proper channels.  He contacted me after seeing his name on my profile.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

5.Met my Mentor and Hero, Adam Kimmel (DP of Beautiful Girls, Capote, Rudio y Cusio), through Myspace after trying for years to contact him through his agency and proper channels.  He contacted me after seeing his name on my profile.

very cool

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »

very cool

When you first told us at the forum about this, Chris, I remember being so very happy for you!  I still am, especially knowing that you got to work with Kimmel as well.  Because you loved Beautiful Girls and Adam Kimmel, I watched the film. 

It's all tied to the beauty of these boards.
Texan Down Under

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:39 PM »
I'm glad you watched the film, more importantly I hope you liked it.  How's the Land Down Under?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »
I'm glad you watched the film, more importantly I hope you liked it.  How's the Land Down Under?

Hi, Chris, I enjoyed Beautiful Girls, a film I would never have found on my own, so thank you!  Life down under is great.  We leave the US on Sunday for our journey to Perth, 6 month stay. My God, how great is my life!  I  hope you can say the same, my friend.  CG
Texan Down Under

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
1.I like to sleep in my cloths.
I like to picture Chris on his bed, covered in napkin-sized pieces of brightly colored and sequined fabric.

[Editor's Note: You are such a pervert, Alex, sequins? really?]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:20:35 AM by alexarch »

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »
I admit or deny nothing. 

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »
Time to take the plunge

1. I once turned an unassited triple play in baseball in little league.

2. I am very accident-prone, though not in recent years, knock on wood. When I was younger I smashed my finger in a window. I jumped off the back of the couch, acting as though I was super man, and smashed into the corner of the coffee table right above my eye, requiring stitches. I was trying to climb a tree in my front yard one Easter Sunday. I wasn't tall enough to reach the first branch, so I got a kids plastic wheelbarrow, turned it over, stood on it and jumped to reach the branch. I got, for a second, then plummeted to the earth, thereby breaking my arm. I was at Estes Park in Colorado and my brother was running down the path in front of me, so naturally I chased him. I ended up tripping, splitting my knee open, and requiring more stitches and also ruining that day of vacation with my family. On a similar note, I once contracted an ear infection while on vacation.

3. In high school I could name the entire starting line-up of every Major League Baseball team. I don't keep up as much with it anymore to do it now though.

4. I have never had what society would recognize as a girlfriend. This may seem sad and lame, but it has been my choice thus far for I have had my chances to have one. Moving right in the middle of the 6th grade and going to 4 different schools in 5 years between 5th and 9th grades and going to an all boys High School wasn’t advantageous for this cause, but for the most part it is because I want to find myself first, then find the rest of myself if that makes sense. I am to that point now and am searching, but I do not wish to start something just to say I am in a relationship, I want it to at least be someone I like and someone I might be able to see myself with down the line. This has made me a bit shy, but deep inside I am just a hopeless romantic. Make whatever assumptions you wish based on this "thing" as the topic calls it.

5. I am not religious. I was born and raised Catholic, but I do not believe in God in that sense. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am an atheist, I just have my own viewpoints. I believe people are inherently good and have an endless capacity to love and in that there is some special force that makes us go and that started life in the universe. I don't know what it is and it's not important to know. The point is to to live life to the fullest, loving everyone and everything to the max. Whether there is a God or an afterlife or any of that stuff, it doesn't matter to me, because what good will that knowledge do me here on earth. My faith is to be the best possible person I can be and that's it. No other religious cares. And on a side note, I believe there are only two things that are unexplainable in the universe: The true nature of the universe, how it began, its expansiveness, etc.; and the true nature of love, why it exists, and its expansiveness, etc.

So yea, those are the best five I can come up with right now. You can probably tell I am an idealist.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

love