Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 44926 times)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »

5- All my life I've been the odd man looking in when it comes to the question of Québec. I come off as the enemy when I talk about the matter with both my francophone and anglophone friends.

You're French-Canadian. The French-Canadians are always the enemy. But I won't hold it against you.

Damn Torontoginians? Torontoites? Torontonians? Torontoers?  ;)
Torontholes.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2009, 12:40:34 AM »
1- I spent most of my childhood and teenage time at my grandmother's place when not at school or with friends.

2- I spent a couple months in the countryside of a Latin American country for a school program, living with locals and learning Spanish. Since then I have practically lost all my Spanish.

3- I learned to ice skate very late (compared to other Québec children). I played baseball as a youngster instead.

4- I lived almost a year in St. Louis Missouri when I was a child.

5- All my life I've been the odd man looking in when it comes to the question of Québec. I come off as the enemy when I talk about the matter with both my francophone and anglophone friends.

So, I may have learned to ice skate younger than you. Huh.

To other anglos, I actually do come off as a member of the FLQ. I assume the Francos just hate me.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2009, 12:40:55 AM »

You're French-Canadian. The French-Canadians are always the enemy. But I won't hold it against you.

Torontholes.

I like it. We need to popularize that asap.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »
For those who are asking, I am doing really good right now. It has been a really hard year, but I'm in a much better place right now. Life changes a lot when the person you have been with since you were 15 leaves you when you are 30. Half my life has been with her. Thanks for asking guys!

I am glad that you are doing better, and that you are back on the boards.  We missed you.  And just in time for the holidays!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »
For those who are asking, I am doing really good right now. It has been a really hard year, but I'm in a much better place right now. Life changes a lot when the person you have been with since you were 15 leaves you when you are 30. Half my life has been with her. Thanks for asking guys!
Chester, I won't pretend to know you very long or very well.  But you're my friend here, and I will always read what you have to post.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad  | The Worst

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »

Torontholes.

Your petty name-calling is simply a product of your jealousy. Manitoba or wherever it is you come from is a freezing cold wasteland. Ontario rules, and Toronto pwns. Montreal seems like a nice place, but then you have to deal with the French, and nobody wants that.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »

Torontholes.

Your petty name-calling is simply a product of your jealousy. Manitoba or wherever it is you come from is a freezing cold wasteland. Ontario rules, and Toronto pwns. Montreal seems like a nice place, but then you have to deal with the French, and nobody wants that.
It is a nice place, even with the French. It reminds me very much of what I know of NYC in the 70s, but safer. Still doesn't beat Philly.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »
Hey FroHam, why can't you ever remember where Clovis is from? Oh wait, it's 'cause he doesn't mention his hometown in every one his posts.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2009, 03:17:11 PM »
4. I have never had what society would recognize as a girlfriend. This may seem sad and lame, but it has been my choice thus far for I have had my chances to have one. Moving right in the middle of the 6th grade and going to 4 different schools in 5 years between 5th and 9th grades and going to an all boys High School wasn’t advantageous for this cause, but for the most part it is because I want to find myself first, then find the rest of myself if that makes sense. I am to that point now and am searching, but I do not wish to start something just to say I am in a relationship, I want it to at least be someone I like and someone I might be able to see myself with down the line. This has made me a bit shy, but deep inside I am just a hopeless romantic. Make whatever assumptions you wish based on this "thing" as the topic calls it.

I'm going to be cool and use this as the reason I've never had a girlfriend.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2009, 03:19:07 PM »
Hey FroHam, why can't you ever remember where Clovis is from? Oh wait, it's 'cause he doesn't mention his hometown in every one his posts.

...............ZING!