Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 42405 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
5.  I seriously hope someone makes a film about The Silmarillion someday.   :)  
I always liked The Silmarillion. I probably like it more than LOTR. It's good stuff. Really good stuff.

I've thought so myself.  Then I think, "Wait, why give the opportunity for someone to ruin it?"  Then I have an argument with myself.  Someone usually gets hurt.  It's always me.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:59:58 PM by stevekimes »
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
I always liked The Silmarillion. I probably like it more than LOTR. It's good stuff. Really good stuff.

I've thought so myself.  Then I think, "Wait, why give the opportunity for someone to ruin it?"  Then I have an argument with myself.  Someone usually gets hurt.  It's always me.  :'(

Ah, yes. The tragic consequence of being both a film lover and a book lover, no?  :-\

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
I have attended the San Deigo Comic Con about 7 or 8 times now. Both as working behind the booth and as an excited geek attending the awesomest convention ever.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »

You gotta be more optimistic. It really helps in avoiding self inflicted wounds.
Check out my blog of many topics

Im not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »

Ah, yes. The tragic consequence of being both a film lover and a book lover, no?  :-\

So true!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »
5) I have a large collection of "big things of the prairies" photos. These are an odd prairie town tradition whereby they construct a very large statue of some significant item (Corn husk, potato, perogy, nickel etc).
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

Do not forget the big earthworm.  It's my fav.
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
I am narcissist

Nah, you're fascinating.

That ground zero stint was heavy.  I couldn't even watch the tv coverage.
Texan Down Under

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »
5) I have a large collection of "big things of the prairies" photos. These are an odd prairie town tradition whereby they construct a very large statue of some significant item (Corn husk, potato, perogy, nickel etc).
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

Do not forget the big earthworm.  It's my fav.
I'm pretty sure that I've been to the big earthworm. And not just to it, but inside it as well. It's down in Gippsland somewhere, yeah? Or are there two?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:54 PM »
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

Do not forget the big earthworm.  It's my fav.

I'm pretty sure that I've been to the big earthworm. And not just to it, but inside it as well. It's down in Gippsland somewhere, yeah? Or are there two?
http://www.australianexplorer.com/australian_big_icons.htm

Damn I have to make it there to add to my collection!

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »
Yup, I've totally been to the Big Earthworm in Bass. Probably ten years ago or so, but still. I remember enjoying myself.