Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85387 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Five (interesting?) things you don't know about me
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »
Martin--wow.  That's pretty amazing.  People who have been in that life up to that age generally don't pull out of the spiral.  I'm impressed.  How old are the kids who need to graduate?

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
Manitoba or some silly place like that
Watch it, vermin boy.

You should know by now that I love Canada dearly, but I love to make fun of nearly every province and region. The only one that probably gets crapped on deservedly is Quebec. Also, as an Ontarian, Albera can suck it.

All I need to say to that is LOL Maple Leafs!

I mostly don't care about the Leafs. They're a lost cause. At TIFF before each movie they played a vintage piece of film featuring Toronto. One of the ones played was of the 1967 Leafs Stanley Cup parade. I'll admit to feeling sad every time I saw it.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
5.  My first presidential election vote was in 1984.  I voted for Reagan.  *blush*

4.  I've been hit with a bullwhip, but it wasn't the most painful thing I've ever been hit with.

3.  I used to have my left nipple pierced, but after an unfortunate incident involving my jewelry and my partner's jewelry entangling during an intimate moment, it grew out.  I always meant to get it done again but then I went into law enforcement and hey, the less things to grab during a fight, the better off I am.

2.  I once arrested a man on a sergeant's orders for basically pissing off the police.  I charged him with disorderly conduct.  I knew it wasn't right at the time but I also knew that I would be in deep doo-doo if I disregarded a direct order from a supervisor.  I felt sick to my stomach about doing it and I still do when I remember it.  I deliberately didn't show up on the court date so the case would be dismissed.

1.  I find transmen (FTM transsexual people) incredibly hot but I go terribly shy when I'm around any that I'm attracted to.  I've figured out flirting with men and with women, but this is still a mystery to me.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
Colleen, when you're ready to sell the rights to your life story, message me.  Your list would certainly maintain interest if you told the really long version, and it sounds like you have a couple of dozen more equally fascinating stories in your biography. 

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »
LOL.  It's funny to me because my everyday life is so boring most of the time.  Work, home, eat, dogs, internets, sleep.  I mean, some days I open the "What I Learned Today" thread and have nothing to write because I didn't do or learn anything new that day at all.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »
5. I can imagine loving a woman and enjoying sex with her. My few experiences with women have shown me that I would enjoy the sex.

4. I once knew how to solve a Rubick's cube without consulting a book, though the skill came from a book. No, it didn't involve taking apart the cube or rearranging the stickers.

3. I can't bear to buy off–brands. They are dirty to me.

2. I spend a lot of my interior life getting into imaginary fights with people.

1. I have used household object for purposes for which they were not intended, washed them thoroughly, and used them for their intended purposes with guests.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 12:41:06 PM »

1. I have used household object for purposes for which they were not intended, washed them thoroughly, and used them for their intended purposes with guests.

Awesome.  If I ever get to visit you I will be speculating about every object I see.

Reminds me of when a online friend, who knew Jan, me and our next door neighbors via our various online diaries (all, alas, now defunct) came to visit.  Those diaries contained a great deal of sexblogging so all the readers were familiar with Deb and Joan's attic/dungeon/den of sin and crafts.  This person asked for a tour of the attic and we took her up there.  She was pointing at everything and asking "What's that for?  What is that?" and we were like, "That's a baseball.  For playing baseball." "That's a can of silicone spray for lubricating the weight machine."   The attic had such a reputation that everything up there looked like a potential sex object to her.  It was funny.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »

Awesome.  If I ever get to visit you I will be speculating about every object I see.

Reminds me of when a online friend, who knew Jan, me and our next door neighbors via our various online diaries (all, alas, now defunct) came to visit.  Those diaries contained a great deal of sexblogging so all the readers were familiar with Deb and Joan's attic/dungeon/den of sin and crafts.  This person asked for a tour of the attic and we took her up there.  She was pointing at everything and asking "What's that for?  What is that?" and we were like, "That's a baseball.  For playing baseball." "That's a can of silicone spray for lubricating the weight machine."   The attic had such a reputation that everything up there looked like a potential sex object to her.  It was funny.

Awesome! It's so fun when sexual newbies learn new stuff. On a recent Dan Savage podcast someone actually called in because they could not understand how gay sex worked! People know so very little about sex.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
Martin--wow.  That's pretty amazing.  People who have been in that life up to that age generally don't pull out of the spiral.  I'm impressed.  How old are the kids who need to graduate?

I didn't start until I was 32 and it was only supposed to be for the summer and in the clubs. I ended up staying and doing a few "circuit parties" for 5, almost 6 yrs. I can say that I never committed an act of violence on anyone during that period, or owned a weapon as well. I was a bartender/waiter for most of my working life until that point. I do realize how lucky I am as I just found out yet another of my "associates" from that time is dead only yesterday. He was actually a pretty good friend that I knew as a civilian and he found himself in over his head.

As for the kids - the youngest is in second grade and the oldest is in 8th. I would have actually loved to bring them along and have them spend some of their childhood in Europe or Asia but their parents split custody and Dad is not going to let them leave.
Hey, nice marmot!

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
I was a masked wrestler for a few years on an independent circuit and I wrote for an indie masked wrestling magazine.

I was a volunteer scuba diver for the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific here in California. Feeding the fish, being bullied by sharks and cleaning the exhibits.

I worked as a body piercer for almost three years. I have had 16 piercings at one time and a surgical stainless steel heart shaped chest implant which I removed for wrestling.

I would eat just about everything with my hands if it didn’t get me evil looks from so many people.

I think the way I want to live my personal life would be looked down upon by many modern progressive women.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

love