1. I broke my arm in a tobogganing accident when I was 10ish. I went flying over the snow bank that was supposed to be the end of the run. I'm told that everyone at the top of the hill said "whooaaaaahhhhhh!" and that I got a good 10 or 12 feet of air. I was knocked out so I have no idea. Unfortunately nobody caught it on video.
2. I made an entire chess set from a maple that fell down in the back yard of the house I grew up in. Pieces and all. It's one of my favourite mementos.
3. When I was young a horse stepped on my foot. It hurt less than I expected, but scared the hell out off me! Being just a kid I think I was expecting my foot to have been flattened like a pancake (cartoon style).
4. My family had a small sailboat when we were growing up. One time we got caught in a bad storm. 2meter waves were hitting us broadside and we nearly capsized. It was exciting, but mostly terrifying. What's funny about it in retrospect is that we just happened to bring a cousin along on this trip. It was her first time on a boat.
5. I reupholstered my first car. Bought some fabric, borrowed mom's sewing machine and got crackin'. It turned out really well too! I must say, I did a pretty pro job of it. A combination of black vinyl, black fabric and red stitching. I wish I had pictures! It was an interesting learning experience.