Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 42204 times)

Corndog

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
My little sister was adopted from Guatemala when she was 5. She's now 14 and baked me a cake for no reason yesterday, proving that she is awesome.

This is the best thing I've heard all day  :)
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
I met Kenny Baker in a public bathroom once. It was awkward and awesome.
R2D2 or the blue–grass singer? (Wikipedia tells me there is such a person.)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »
Man, everybody busts their teeth in here.

I didn't mention it in my list but I have a degenerative tooth disease. It doesn't matter how much I take care of my teeth or how diligent I am in brushing, washing and flossing them they will all rot and fall out eventually. I've already had four of them pulled and have a bunch that should probably be pulled right now.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:04 PM »
Hmmmm....16 years old and not a great memory of pre Ireland life but, I'll give this a shot:

When I was four, my little brother died from a rare disease whose name I can't remember(The disease, my brother was Finlay). he was 2.

I don;t know if I mentioned this, but I lived in Boston until I was thirteen, when we moved to Dublin. I've been here three years.

I'll add more when I think of them.

I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2009, 01:59:22 PM »
5. I performed in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas Texas, on national television, in a white leotard and a cowboy hat adorned with gold sequins.
Please tell me there's a screenshot somewhere.

I was at the Hurt locker premiere and ended up in the restroom line right behind James Cameron.  We peed side by side, and it was also both awkward and awesome.  I didn't even tell anyone because I didn't know how it would be taken.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2009, 02:00:44 PM »
1. I broke my arm in a tobogganing accident when I was 10ish. I went flying over the snow bank that was supposed to be the end of the run. I'm told that everyone at the top of the hill said "whooaaaaahhhhhh!" and that I got a good 10 or 12 feet of air. I was knocked out so I have no idea. Unfortunately nobody caught it on video.

2. I made an entire chess set from a maple that fell down in the back yard of the house I grew up in. Pieces and all. It's one of my favourite mementos.

3. When I was young a horse stepped on my foot. It hurt less than I expected, but scared the hell out off me! Being just a kid I think I was expecting my foot to have been flattened like a pancake (cartoon style).

4. My family had a small sailboat when we were growing up. One time we got caught in a bad storm. 2meter waves were hitting us broadside and we nearly capsized. It was exciting, but mostly terrifying. What's funny about it in retrospect is that we just happened to bring a cousin along on this trip. It was her first time on a boat.  :D

5. I reupholstered my first car. Bought some fabric, borrowed mom's sewing machine and got crackin'. It turned out really well too! I must say, I did a pretty pro job of it. A combination of black vinyl, black fabric and red stitching. I wish I had pictures! It was an interesting learning experience.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »
I was at the Hurt locker premiere and ended up in the restroom line right behind James Cameron.  We peed side by side, and it was also both awkward and awesome.  I didn't even tell anyone because I didn't know how it would be taken.

That is both strange and emmensly awesome at the same time. Did you talk to him(While in the line, not while peeing side by side)?
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »
Man, everybody busts their teeth in here.

I haven't.  Yet. 

Now I've probably guaranteed that today I get into a fight or wreck that busts them.

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
Re: Five (interesting?) things you don't know about me
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
I was a masked wrestler for a few years on an independent circuit and I wrote for an indie masked wrestling magazine.

I was a volunteer scuba diver for the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific here in California. Feeding the fish, being bullied by sharks and cleaning the exhibits.

I worked as a body piercer for almost three years. I have had 16 piercings at one time and a surgical stainless steel heart shaped chest implant which I removed for wrestling.

I would eat just about everything with my hands if it didn’t get me evil looks from so many people.

I think the way I want to live my personal life would be looked down upon by many modern progressive women.

Not sure what you mean by the last one but I'm hella impressed with the stuff you've done so far.  That is one interesting list.

Thank you. My personal life - well... I have really traditional views about what the role of a woman (that woman being me) should be. I think those all stem from my hyper sexual submissive side. It makes me happy but I know this idea makes some uncomfortable and they look down on me for going against "their fight for women's lib". I happen to not find that movement the best for me personally but I'm a strict believer in people being able to live how they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone and its consensual. Especially with their sexuality.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »

That is both strange and emmensly awesome at the same time. Did you talk to him(While in the line, not while peeing side by side)?

I hardly ever talk to movie people cause it feels awkward. (I turn into Chris Farley in his SNL interviews.)  There were a lot of famous people at that party.  Know who I approached and talked to?  Dave Poland
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad