love

Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85313 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:38 AM »
Hey FroHam, why can't you ever remember where Clovis is from? Oh wait, it's 'cause he doesn't mention his hometown in every one his posts.

Not sure how I missed this. The answer is that wherever he's from it's out in the middle of nowhere, where the delineation between municipalities is basically an excuse to charge different amounts in taxes.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2009, 01:40:14 AM »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2009, 04:03:30 AM »
For some strange reason, many people tell me that I look like Nick Cage and sometimes John Cusack.  I even had an auditor once ask to pose for a picture with me cause she said I looked like that "face off" actor and once had convinced a girl that works at a bar near by to my office that Nick Cage is my brother.  I really do not like him as an actor though.

I have had over 20 addresses in 20 years.

I moved from NC to California without ever thinking about it before hand.  I got a call once from a friend that asked if I would considering moving out to work in the Bay Area.  In less then 3 weeks I had resigned, moved and started a new job.  I moved from California to Singapore in the same manner.  One morning something happened that just made me decide it was time to look for something new, 3 weeks later I was in Singapore starting a new job.

I spent most of my collage life sleeping on couches or floors and hardly ever in a bed.  Even when I had one to sleep in.

I worked at a fast food fried chicken rest for 2 years during high school in the Chicago area.  I ate fried chicken between 4 to 6 times a week for 2 years and I never got tired of it.  I think I should try to open a Brown's Chicken in Singapore one day
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »

The song "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" just popped in my head

Thanks for sharing these!  Cool - Singapore.  We have friends that live there.  From all accounts it's an awesome place to hang your hat for a few years.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »
Man jdc115, if getting a job is as easy for you as you make it sound, you're gonna give me a complex.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »
Man jdc115, if getting a job is as easy for you as you make it sound, you're gonna give me a complex.

Sometimes I just really think I am lucky, which is better then being smart.  Though talking over dinner with friends, we discussed something that I just thought I should have mentioned in this thread.  i have been robbed 3 times in either armed or violent situations while working in stores that were public.  The first 2 times happened within a 14 hour period at different locations but by the same person.   Sometimes the easy jobs are not the best...

“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »

The song "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" just popped in my head

Thanks for sharing these!  Cool - Singapore.  We have friends that live there.  From all accounts it's an awesome place to hang your hat for a few years.

it was a few years to start but now I have past the 5 year mark.  i have actually lived in the same condo now for more then 2 years which probably makes it a record.  Even though i bought it, i am starting to think about looking at different places....

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2009, 06:02:10 PM »
In the spirit of sharing, here are five sport related things,

1) I only cut a ton of weight for wrestling once, when I was a junior my coach signed me up for a tournament at the wrong weight. The tourney officials said I had to compete at that weight or just go ahead and forfeit. The day before the weigh-ins and competition I dropped 28 pounds. Needless to say I completely drained myself and was wasted in the tourney.

2) Jeremy Roenick, former Blackhawk and all around prick, came to my little league opening day parade when I was 12. He was smashed and ended up signing everything as Jerm Roonic.

3) As a sophomore my football team played the perennial powerhouse Joliet Catholic and lost in the most lopsided contest in school history, 87-0

4) I was taken to the hospital after the first game of the season in the same sophomore year and the Polish orderly who spoke barely any English almost gave me a shot of Penicillin, the world's best medicine that I just happen to be deathly allergic to. Luckily the doctor was looking over my chart at the same time and physically tackled the orderly to make sure he didn't give me the shot.

5) In my entire amateur boxing/MMA/whatever career I have only backed out of two different fights for whatever reason. Both guys I was scheduled to face died around a month or so after I pulled out of the fight.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »
I've got a couple more.

1.I've had several Paranormal experiences.  The first was when I was 6.  I woke up in the dead of night because I felt like I wasn't alone.  I rolled over and a tall white woman was standing next to my bed.  Full figure, with a dress and a face.  It just stood there.  I rolled back over, pulled the cover over my head and pinched myself as hard as I could thinking I was dreaming.  When I opened my eyes and removed the blankets she was still there.  I tried talking to it, it didn't speak, only made gestures with its arms before plummeting through the floor.  After that experience, if I ever got that feeling again in the middle of the night I'd leave my room and go watch a film in the basement, our basement was the least scary place in the house.  Never saw her again, but a bunch of weird things happened in that house up to the day we moved.  Haven't experienced anything since leaving it in 2001.  Most people don't believe me, so I don't generally tell anyone but I know what I saw, and I know the difference between a dream and reality.

2.I've seen two shooting stars in my life.  The first was on my 13th birthday.  The second was on my 23rd.

3.I have my name on 1 patent.

4.The first movie my mother claims to have taken me to was Poltergeist.  It was a day or two before I was born and the only movie she saw while pregnant with me.  She swears its why I love Spielberg.

5.I grew up  literally a 10 minute drive from the origin of the Ghost Prom Date story.  You know the one, where a group of guys are driving to the prom and they see a girl all dressed up walking on the side of the road, they pull over to giver her a lift to the prom.  She tells them her date stood her up, so they spend the whole night with her and drive her home later, drop her off.  The next day one of the guys realizes she was wearing his jacket when he dropped her off, and goes back to the house to get it, only to be told she's been dead for a few years.  He then visits her grave to find the jacket neatly folded on top of her resting place.  According to a book on American Folklore, I used to drive by her road everyday on my way to high school.  Weird.  Northern New Jersey is one of the strangest places on the planet.  Check out weirdnj.com
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

love