love

Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85327 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
Very nice Ferris! Went up Mount Etna once. Couldn't see five yards around you with the huge amount of fog. Was beautiful.

Isn't there a lot of rubbish dumped on Etna?  Maybe it wasn't fog, but steaming heaps of...
Texan Down Under

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
Very nice Ferris! Went up Mount Etna once. Couldn't see five yards around you with the huge amount of fog. Was beautiful.

Isn't there a lot of rubbish dumped on Etna?  Maybe it wasn't fog, but steaming heaps of...

:-\. Maybe. But I didnt notice it then.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »
Only joking with you, 'Noke.  I often forget the smileyface.

I was fascinated when I was near Mt Etna that people have built homes on the side of the volcano, an active volcano!  What's the insurance premium for that!?
Texan Down Under

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
Only joking with you, 'Noke.  I often forget the smileyface.

I was fascinated when I was near Mt Etna that people have built homes on the side of the volcano, an active volcano!  What's the insurance premium for that!?

;D

I bet the rent is quite low though.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
5.  I seriously hope someone makes a film about The Silmarillion someday.   :)  
I always liked The Silmarillion. I probably like it more than LOTR. It's good stuff. Really good stuff.

I've thought so myself.  Then I think, "Wait, why give the opportunity for someone to ruin it?"  Then I have an argument with myself.  Someone usually gets hurt.  It's always me.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:59:58 PM by stevekimes »
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
I always liked The Silmarillion. I probably like it more than LOTR. It's good stuff. Really good stuff.

I've thought so myself.  Then I think, "Wait, why give the opportunity for someone to ruin it?"  Then I have an argument with myself.  Someone usually gets hurt.  It's always me.  :'(

Ah, yes. The tragic consequence of being both a film lover and a book lover, no?  :-\

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
I have attended the San Deigo Comic Con about 7 or 8 times now. Both as working behind the booth and as an excited geek attending the awesomest convention ever.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »

You gotta be more optimistic. It really helps in avoiding self inflicted wounds.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »

Ah, yes. The tragic consequence of being both a film lover and a book lover, no?  :-\

So true!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

flieger

« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
5) I have a large collection of "big things of the prairies" photos. These are an odd prairie town tradition whereby they construct a very large statue of some significant item (Corn husk, potato, perogy, nickel etc).
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

love