Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85381 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »
5) I have a large collection of "big things of the prairies" photos. These are an odd prairie town tradition whereby they construct a very large statue of some significant item (Corn husk, potato, perogy, nickel etc).
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

Do not forget the big earthworm.  It's my fav.
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
I am narcissist

Nah, you're fascinating.

That ground zero stint was heavy.  I couldn't even watch the tv coverage.
Texan Down Under

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »
5) I have a large collection of "big things of the prairies" photos. These are an odd prairie town tradition whereby they construct a very large statue of some significant item (Corn husk, potato, perogy, nickel etc).
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

I'm pretty sure that I've been to the big earthworm. And not just to it, but inside it as well. It's down in Gippsland somewhere, yeah? Or are there two?

flieger

« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I've been to the big earthworm. And not just to it, but inside it as well. It's down in Gippsland somewhere, yeah? Or are there two?
http://www.australianexplorer.com/australian_big_icons.htm

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:54 PM »
Heh. You need to come to Australia: the big pineapple, merino, banana, Murray Cod, prawn etc etc etc... you name it we've got it.  :)

Do not forget the big earthworm.  It's my fav.

http://www.australianexplorer.com/australian_big_icons.htm

Damn I have to make it there to add to my collection!

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »
Yup, I've totally been to the Big Earthworm in Bass. Probably ten years ago or so, but still. I remember enjoying myself.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:52 PM »
The Big Earthworm was my first, and I loved it.  The Big Murray Cod is pretty amazing too. 
Texan Down Under

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
I somehow managed to miss this thread. Can't wait to go back and read them all.  I'll do more than 5 to make up for lost time

1. I have a freakishly long tongue (and know how to use it! don't judge  ;))
2. I have appeared in drag on more than one occasion, and not just for Halloween.
2b. I know all the words to "Like a Virgin"
3. I'm so nearsighted it's ridiculous.  I've had crazy thick glasses since I was 5.
4. I got suspended for a week during Junior year of high school for attending a basketball game after drinking all day. My BAC at the time was only 0.01 and two of my friends that played in the band and were noticeably drunk managed to escape punishment. This resulted in me being blackballed from the National Honor Society (the only eligible member of my class not to get in), but I didn't need to be in their stupid club anyways  :P
5. I was a biter until the 1st grade. I drew blood on more than one occasion, including once in the middle of kindergarten story time.
6. I have never had a cavity or braces. ;D
7. I dislocated my shoulder playing basketball in HS gym and to this day if I swing a bat or club, there's a good chance it will pop out.  In fact, it once popped out because someone gave me a high five.
8. I ran for class President my Junior and Senior years of high school and won Senior year. It was quickly determined that voter fraud had been committed on my behalf (not even by my friends, by a bunch of guys I hated that hated the girl that won).

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2009, 02:30:25 AM »
Aren't you rather hirsute as well?  I think I remember that from a posted pic. 

Sorry, just trying to get a vision of the dressed-in-drag thing?
Texan Down Under

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »
Aren't you rather hirsute as well?  I think I remember that from a posted pic. 

Sorry, just trying to get a vision of the dressed-in-drag thing?

I only had a little stubble going.  This was in a small town in South Dakota so half the guys had full beards.