Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85369 times)

Marbe

• Elite Member
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
1. I was sent home from school I was in 3rd grade for writing a threatening note another boy named Kyle in my class with my new detective invisible ink pen.

2. I once participated in a flag burning. And bible burning. Not my proudest moments.

3. I received a ceramic collectible dragon from my parents on my graduation./ They also gave me a book of Jimmy Stewart's poetry when I was 8.

4. I'm switching majors again so I can teach middle schoolers Social Studies.

5. I'm quadingual: English, Pig Latin, Hong Kong Latin, and just regular old Latin.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2009, 09:15:28 PM »
What did the note say?
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »

5. I'm quadingual: English, Pig Latin, Hong Kong Latin, and just regular old Latin.

isthay is oolcay
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »
1. The first McDonald's in Canada also happens to be the first McDonald's I ever went to. (It's in Richmond, BC) It was only about 10 minutes away from where I grew up.

Marbe

• Elite Member
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
What did the note say?

Essentially give me money or I will kill you. To be fair we had been playing cops and robbers.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
Fact #1:
I used to draw a comic strip for a local newspaper. It was a weekly gig but I’m proud to say there’s only one strip they ever refused to publish. It was a lame joke about the masked murderer from Scream asking for directions to the nearest High School.

Fact #2:
I’ve never had a nosebleed in my life.

Fact #3:
When I was a kid I had a lisp. On top of that I faceplanted in the playground and knocked my front teeth out which didn’t exactly help with speaking properly. I had speech training and it took me about a year to get rid of the lisp. That’s when I started stuttering. It took me another year to get rid of that. I still have a form of stuttering where I will start a sentence again even though  I was already halfway through it. I don’t do it all the time but it happens now and then.

Fact #4:
I have no recollection of my first time having sex. None. I know who it was with but I don’t remember anything else, not how I felt leading up to it, during it or afterwards. It probably wasn’t horrible (blocked memory due to PTSD) because the relationship with that girl lasted another few months. It makes me really sad that I would forget something a lot of people consider an important memory.

Fact #5:
Twice I’ve been really close of becoming a paid movie critic. I was 17 when opportunity knocked on my door the first time: A friend of my older brother was working for a radio station and they needed a movie critic. He didn’t know me but my brother must have mentioned me being into movies a lot. Unfortunately I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t 18 yet.
Years later I met someone online who just had put a youth magazine together and was hiring writers. I got the job as “the movie guy” and handed in a couple of reviews and a column. Due to financial problems and writers who couldn’t meet the deadline the whole project fell through and the first issue of the magazine would remain the last. Well, three’s a charm, right? Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:15:20 PM by DrKimble »
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2009, 02:07:06 PM »
Great list!

Of course now you're going to have to share some of your comics (i thought the rejected one was kinda billiant actually!)

No nosebleeds!  Great.  Must be you keep your finger out of there, huh?
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »
I've had countless nosebleeds. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
This might be giving away a little too much but ... let's just say .. despite having used cocaine, no nosebleed.

Great list!
Of course now you're going to have to share some of your comics (i thought the rejected one was kinda billiant actually!)
No nosebleeds!  Great.  Must be you keep your finger out of there, huh?
It was shortly after Columbine. I think that had to do with it. About posting one ... I see what I can do.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:17:45 PM by DrKimble »
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2009, 02:17:17 PM »

:: pictures Anne on a bender::