Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85390 times)

lise

• Elite Member
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
Everything that lise wrote makes me want to snuggle next to her in a worn, chalky pink booth at a malt shop. Lay my head on her shoulder and make googly eyes at her.

oooh a malt shop! I could make that work
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:27:05 PM by lise »
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »
Everything that lise wrote makes me want to snuggle next to her in a worn, chalky pink booth at a malt shop. Lay my head on her shoulder and make googly eyes at her.

Totally.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »

2. I toyed with the idea of double majoring in voice and chemistry, but then realized it would take 5 years to finish my degree. To stay sane in college I spent time in the theater and taking english classes. It drove my science profs crazy. I'm still looking for the perfect job that combines my love of science and my need for non-science things.

I don't know.  I got my major in theology with a minor in Interpreting for the Hearing Impaired and a second minor in Koine Greek and it didn't take me... oh, wait.  That's right, it DID take me five years.  Sometimes it's worth the five years, I guess.

The problem was I went to insanely expensive private college, and while I love music it was never going to be my vocation. It ended up for the best though, during both my junior and senior years in college I developed pneumonia as a secondary infection after the flu, so while I still sing my vocal range never totally recovered. Turns out we have a family disposition towards it, my sister ended up in the hospital for the better part of a week when it happened to her a few years later.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »

4. I still have to compile a script in my head before I go somewhere I don't know people, or call someone on the phone for the 1st time. Most people don't realize, because I decided when I was in high school not to let the nerves get the best of me... even when I don't feel confident I fake it. Within a few minutes I'm usually ok, but until then it is usually bluster.

You're not alone. Especially with the phone I need to have a full conversation planned out, as well as ways to get out of it.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »

4. I still have to compile a script in my head before I go somewhere I don't know people, or call someone on the phone for the 1st time. Most people don't realize, because I decided when I was in high school not to let the nerves get the best of me... even when I don't feel confident I fake it. Within a few minutes I'm usually ok, but until then it is usually bluster.

You're not alone. Especially with the phone I need to have a full conversation planned out, as well as ways to get out of it.

I always just wing it and then come off very awkward.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
I don't use the telephone when I don't have to, something about talking to no one bothers me. I either want no voice and just text, or voice, face, and the whole thing. I can't have it in the middle.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
I don't use the telephone when I don't have to, something about talking to no one bothers me. I either want no voice and just text, or voice, face, and the whole thing. I can't have it in the middle.

I completely understand this.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:53 PM »
woo hoo! I'm not the only one!!! oops... maybe i need to go post in the "you might be a nerd" thread now

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »
you guys are like the cutest.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »