love

Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85337 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
I use text messaging all the time, I hate the actual calling thing though.
I've never sent a text message.

same here.  Phone and email seems to work pretty well still.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »

Hi!
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

Oddly, my mom sent me a text the other day, and she's almost completely computer illiterate - she doesn't understand email. But then, she's always been a phone person, so maybe it's a more natural progression for her.  :)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »

same here.  Phone and email seems to work pretty well still.
Oddly, my mom sent me a text the other day, and she's almost completely computer illiterate - she doesn't understand email. But then, she's always been a phone person, so maybe it's a more natural progression for her.  :)

My mom is the same she can handle texting but anything else on the computer is hopeless. I wonder what our children will say about us in 30 years? :D

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »

My mom is the same she can handle texting but anything else on the computer is hopeless. I wonder what our children will say about us in 30 years? :D

no doubt.  cuz it's not if it's gonna happen, it's WHEN it's gonna happen. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »

For sure.

"God my dad is so lame. Whenever he teleports anywhere he ends up in the wrong place. It's so easy. How can he not figure it out!"

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »

Haha, seriously! It's so odd to think that my children knew how to use a mouse practically before they could talk. And I remember the days back in 4th grade when my classroom had one computer, and if I was lucky, I got to play the Oregon Trail game.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »

Haha, seriously! It's so odd to think that my children knew how to use a mouse practically before they could talk. And I remember the days back in 4th grade when my classroom had one computer, and if I was lucky, I got to play the Oregon Trail game.

Nothing beat the hour a day I got to watch my party die over and over again from dysentery, or get swept away in a river while playing The Oregon Trail on an archaic Mac back in grade school.   :)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »
Nothing beat the hour a day I got to watch my party die over and over again from dysentery, or get swept away in a river while playing The Oregon Trail on an archaic Mac back in grade school.   :)
Good times.  :)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »
Good times.  :)

Apple IIe for us.  For a time I taught this game to 7 classes of grade school students a day in the early 90's.  (I was living in NY at the time.  At the time I had no idea i'd be living in Oregon!)
(switchboard)