Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 42451 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #330 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21:10 AM »
So I participated in a flash mob today. We found out this morning that there was going to be a flash mob/rave in the student union at ten and the three of us (the fourth apartmentmate decided not to go so that he wouldn't get arrested. Which is dumb.) went and it was pretty cool. Dunno how many people were there, but there were a lot. We had all the usual chant-y things including some school specific ones. There was a Tinkie-Winkie and a green man. Both crowd surfed and T-W even crowd surfed up a big flight of stairs. Two people jumped down from a second floor area that is about 30 feet higher than the ground floor. After that the thing was pretty quickly broken up. Don't think anybody actually got arrested, though. I'll post pictures and videos when I find/download them.
Check out my blog of many topics

ďIím not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!Ē

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »
Cool and yes we need pictures.
Texan Down Under

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
This is the first location. You can see me in the bottom right corner at around the 4 minute mark. You can also see me in the preview shot in the bottom middle/right area (below the right side of the play button in the middle) in the grey coat. Also, Tinkie-Winkie crowd surfing up the stairs.
UConn Rave Part 2

This is the second location. It's where the people jumped from. Quite a drop... Tinkie-Winkie and green man visible crowd surfing
Uconn flash mob rave 3
Check out my blog of many topics

ďIím not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!Ē

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:18 AM »
I thought of another 5 facts:

fact #6
You know paper cuts, right? I managed to get a corn-cob-leaf-cut when I was around 10 years old. It tore the ring finger on my left hand wide open. I simply ripped a corn cob off the plant and did this in the perfect angle so the little hooks on the edge of the leaf ripped into my finger. I could see the tendon ... before the blood stared gushing out of the wound.

fact #7
I had over a dozen car breakdowns with around six different cars. I have never been in a car accident and but Iím sh*t out of luck with cars. It doesnít matter if a friend lends me his car or if I use my own one, the car will eventually die on me. Iím the son of a car mechanic and he taught me how to treat a car nicely. It doesnít matter, every car will die when Iím driving it.

fact #8
It has come to my attention that people have very different opinions about my temper. Iíve been told that Iím the calmest and most patient person to walk the earth, others say I have a bad temper and that I should try to do something about my anger issues.

fact #9
I speak four languages: German, Italian, French and English. You could count the dialects too then itís six languages, add Leccese-dialect (south of Italy) and Swiss-German. Iím not sure if they count though because they are both only spoken and not written languages. Note: My French is a bit rusty. (donít quote me out of context!)

fact #10
Ok, I need a dumb fact now to balance out fact #4 and to make sure I donít come off as someone whoís full of himself. Letís see, something dumb, shouldnít be to hard. Oh, there you go: I used to do some photography and my girlfriend at the time asked me if I could take pictures on her grandmotherís 80th birthday. The whole family had gathered and there were around 50 people total. It was a chance of maybe getting a sympathy bonus from my girlfriendís family. The vast majority of them didnít particularly care for me and I figured with good pictures comes good will. I did my job, filled film after film (yes, analogue photography, does anyone remember?) and sent them to my favorite photo lab. A week went by, two weeks, nothing. I called and they never got my films. I was stupid enough to send all the films in the same box. My films were in the 0.01% of mail that gets lost every year. There is no photo evidence that gathering ever happened. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you piss off the entire family of your girlfriend.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
I'll never look at corn the same way again.

°Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
don't be messin with corn - corn is bad ass.

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:41 PM »
fact #9
I speak four languages: German, Italian, French and English. You could count the dialects too then itís six languages, add Leccese-dialect (south of Italy) and Swiss-German. Iím not sure if they count though because they are both only spoken and not written languages. Note: My French is a bit rusty. (donít quote me out of context!)

I think I love you.  Either that or I'm just so impressed I can't tell the difference.  Wow!  Lessee...bilingual, trilingual, quadrilingual...
The answers you seek are in Norway.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2009, 07:44:35 PM »
fact #6
You know paper cuts, right? I managed to get a corn-cob-leaf-cut when I was around 10 years old. It tore the ring finger on my left hand wide open. I simply ripped a corn cob off the plant and did this in the perfect angle so the little hooks on the edge of the leaf ripped into my finger. I could see the tendon ... before the blood stared gushing out of the wound.
I'm aroused.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:26 AM »
Lessee...bilingual, trilingual, quadrilingual...
I was raised bilingual (my father is Italian and my mother is Austrian). I grew up in Switzerland where  French, English and proper German are mandatory school subject. Because my father is from a hillbilly-area of Italy and only spoke in this dialect to me I picked it up. This dialect is to Italian what Brad Pitt's gibberish in Snatch is to English. You might understand a word here and there but you have to pay close attention.

I'm aroused.
This story arouses you? That's not good.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

pixote

• Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
3. I've had at least one dinner with at least one Filmspotter with over 300 posts.

1. I never had any grandparents.

4. I never post here by clicking on the Post button.  I always hit Shift-Tab then Enter.

Fascinating!

pixote
I think I'd love how awkward it'd be, or how awkward it should be.