Author Topic: Five fascinating things you don't know about me  (Read 85374 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Five fascinating things you don't know about me
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
I'll never look at corn the same way again.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
don't be messin with corn - corn is bad ass.

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:41 PM »
fact #9
I speak four languages: German, Italian, French and English. You could count the dialects too then it’s six languages, add Leccese-dialect (south of Italy) and Swiss-German. I’m not sure if they count though because they are both only spoken and not written languages. Note: My French is a bit rusty. (don’t quote me out of context!)

I think I love you.  Either that or I'm just so impressed I can't tell the difference.  Wow!  Lessee...bilingual, trilingual, quadrilingual...
The answers you seek are in Norway.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2009, 07:44:35 PM »
fact #6
You know paper cuts, right? I managed to get a corn-cob-leaf-cut when I was around 10 years old. It tore the ring finger on my left hand wide open. I simply ripped a corn cob off the plant and did this in the perfect angle so the little hooks on the edge of the leaf ripped into my finger. I could see the tendon ... before the blood stared gushing out of the wound.
I'm aroused.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #344 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:26 AM »
Lessee...bilingual, trilingual, quadrilingual...
I was raised bilingual (my father is Italian and my mother is Austrian). I grew up in Switzerland where  French, English and proper German are mandatory school subject. Because my father is from a hillbilly-area of Italy and only spoke in this dialect to me I picked it up. This dialect is to Italian what Brad Pitt's gibberish in Snatch is to English. You might understand a word here and there but you have to pay close attention.

I'm aroused.
This story arouses you? That's not good.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
3. I've had at least one dinner with at least one Filmspotter with over 300 posts.

1. I never had any grandparents.

4. I never post here by clicking on the Post button.  I always hit Shift-Tab then Enter.

Fascinating!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
I was raised bilingual (my father is Italian and my mother is Austrian). I grew up in Switzerland where  French, English and proper German are mandatory school subject. Because my father is from a hillbilly-area of Italy and only spoke in this dialect to me I picked it up. This dialect is to Italian what Brad Pitt's gibberish in Snatch is to English. You might understand a word here and there but you have to pay close attention.

I'm aroused.
This story arouses you? That's not good.

chicks dig accents.

do you have an eye patch?
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

OmNom

• Elite Member
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
I was raised bilingual (my father is Italian and my mother is Austrian). I grew up in Switzerland where  French, English and proper German are mandatory school subject. Because my father is from a hillbilly-area of Italy and only spoke in this dialect to me I picked it up. This dialect is to Italian what Brad Pitt's gibberish in Snatch is to English. You might understand a word here and there but you have to pay close attention.

Yes, then, it's all settled.  You are my new pool boy.  Your job will be to recline on my sofa and read to me.   :)

flieger

« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
I was raised bilingual (my father is Italian and my mother is Austrian). I grew up in Switzerland where  French, English and proper German are mandatory school subject. Because my father is from a hillbilly-area of Italy and only spoke in this dialect to me I picked it up. This dialect is to Italian what Brad Pitt's gibberish in Snatch is to English. You might understand a word here and there but you have to pay close attention.

Yes, then, it's all settled.  You are my new pool boy.  Your job will be to recline on my sofa and read to me.   :)

What if he knows four languages, but has a voice like Jerry Lewis?

OmNom

• Elite Member
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »

What if he knows four languages, but has a voice like Jerry Lewis?

Completely acceptable.