love

Author Topic: My only complaint about the show is ...  (Read 7462 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: My only complaint about the show is ...
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 12:31:44 AM »
I want my Battle of The Lake House for the Matty Generation!
American Teen.
I guess that one counts. But you must admit that the Sam years had more frequent divisions of opinion.
Yeah, there were definitely a lot more debates in the Sam Van Hyperbole days.

That reminds me: I also miss the hyperbole. This should seem obvious to you all, as I happen to think hyperbole is the best thing ever.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »
American Teen.
I guess that one counts. But you must admit that the Sam years had more frequent divisions of opinion.
Yeah, there were definitely a lot more debates in the Sam Van Hyperbole days.

That reminds me: I also miss the hyperbole. This should seem obvious to you all, as I happen to think hyperbole is the best thing ever.

There is still plenty of disputation and hyperbole on the boards!

It is also fantastic to see Die hard making it into the Top 5s, hey FroHam ;)
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »
American Teen.

Charlie Bartlett, Eastern Promises, and Two Lovers count.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 04:19:57 AM »
American Teen.

And Matty has been on the show less then Sam, so far.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 05:26:15 AM »
American Teen.

Sam and Adam have been divided on a LOT of stuff going all the way back to Cinecast #5 with Sin City.

I don't think there will ever be the same division with Adam and Matty. Mainly because Matty seems much more laid back, whereas Sam likes to stir people up a bit. Sam would throw in little points of criticism all the time, which were very amusing, but which were directed toward Adam's view of particular movies, sometimes even if it was off topic. Actually if I remember correctly, it wasn't just at Adam, it was at listeners to. I recall an episode where someone (from norway perhaps) had submitted a Top 5, which Adam read out, and Sam was commenting on the list saying perhaps that listener had only ever watched those 5 movies in their entire life.
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 10:25:41 AM »
American Teen.

Sam and Adam have been divided on a LOT of stuff going all the way back to Cinecast #5 with Sin City.

I don't think there will ever be the same division with Adam and Matty. Mainly because Matty seems much more laid back, whereas Sam likes to stir people up a bit. Sam would throw in little points of criticism all the time, which were very amusing, but which were directed toward Adam's view of particular movies, sometimes even if it was off topic. Actually if I remember correctly, it wasn't just at Adam, it was at listeners to. I recall an episode where someone (from norway perhaps) had submitted a Top 5, which Adam read out, and Sam was commenting on the list saying perhaps that listener had only ever watched those 5 movies in their entire life.

LOL. I miss Sam.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »
"No no no no no you're totally right."

Dudes!  Adam?  Matty?  Which one of you says this?  I get all ready for a contradiction (based on the no no no) but then get hit with a total consensus.  Dudes.  It's confusing and anticlimactic.  Stop it. 

Love the show.  Yes I do.  No no no no I totally love it.   :-*
The answers you seek are in Norway.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »
We've gotten emails about the "No, you're exactly right" thing before... and we both do it. I actually don't think it's that weird. We're both usually talking pretty passionately, and pretty long-windedly (?), so you're basically saying... "Stop trying to convince me, I'm with you."
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
I actually don't think it's that weird. We're both usually talking pretty passionately, and pretty long-windedly (?), so you're basically saying... "Stop trying to convince me, I'm with you."

Yeah.  I know.  Appease me.  Do as you're told. 

Oh hang on, it's *your* show... :)
The answers you seek are in Norway.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
I totally see how it would be annoying. I find us pretty damn annoying most weeks.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

love