love

Author Topic: November 2009 MDC: Assignments in 1st Post  (Read 36522 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: November MDC: Check for your name in 1st Post
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
Somebody's getting Serenity this month!

Actually, I doubt I will dictate Serenity, it'll probably be something else.

Oh, that would be a good one for someone who has not seen it because it is the kind of thing many people would never see without dictation.

P.S. I was worried you were going to swoop into the boards and make godfather before me 'noke so I had to get moderator status to hold onto my self esteem.  ;D

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 08:42:31 PM »

Isn't the idea with the decade dictations that we are introducing others to a film we consider "best of decade" so that maybe it will turn up on their lists when we begin to compile "best of decade" lists?
Texan Down Under

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »
I disagree completely. I thought Miley could not act, until I saw her in HM:tM. She's really great, especially in that staircase scene.
Moved my response to the proper board. FLY can follow me there.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »
As for my dictation, I was going to look for the highest buried treasure in my Top 100 of the decade, but I think I'll look for a film that's in my Top 10 in a lot of Filmspot Categories instead.  Definitely will PM my Subject, probably offer multiple choice.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »

Isn't the idea with the decade dictations that we are introducing others to a film we consider "best of decade" so that maybe it will turn up on their lists when we begin to compile "best of decade" lists?

I think so, although if we limit it to only our 'best' I assume their will be significant overlap among dictations (TWBB, Eternal Sunshine, In the Mood for Love etc)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »

Oh, that would be a good one for someone who has not seen it because it is the kind of thing many people would never see without dictation.

True, added to the fact that it's totally awesome.

The more I think about my favourite films of this decade, the more I think it's gonna feel very different then the archtypal list.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »

True, added to the fact that it's totally awesome.

Indeed it is!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
There are much better films this decade than Serenity, but it's still a solid film that proudly stands in my collection.

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:29 AM »
There are much better films this decade than Serenity, but it's still a solid film that proudly stands in my collection.
Two deluxe double DVD editions of Serenity stand proudly in my collection, right next to Firefly - it is one of the two things I have doubles of. The other is Kieslowski's Three Colours Trilogy (Blue, White, Red). I never meant to get doubles of either - it just happened - but they are both great and well watched - so having a backup is always useful ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:05:15 AM by Tim »
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2009, 04:00:23 AM »
Where on the internet can I find lists of this decade's movies or top movies, at least?
Texan Down Under