Author Topic: NBA  (Read 89980 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: NBA
« Reply #1070 on: March 05, 2022, 07:22:25 AM »
Chef Harden and the Six Gang looking good.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #1071 on: March 05, 2022, 11:17:09 AM »
Chef Harden and the Six Gang looking good.

I got into a brutal argument with a buddy, who insisted the Nets won the trade. I thought Philly was his best landing spot even when he was in Houston. Doesn’t change my opinion of him, don’t like him, but Embiid and that host of defenders are perfect running mates for him.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1072 on: March 06, 2022, 02:16:18 PM »
I also was an advocate for Philly last offseason, and had zero faith in Ben Simmons prior to last season. Players like that aren’t built to be the focal point of a championship team, and last season showed exactly that. Many of my friends disagreed, but their eyes were opened in the playoffs. The radio tore Harden apart when it was between the Nets and Sixers last offseason, but they too have seen the light.

Harden is a generational talent, and his ability to win from anywhere on the floor, along with his ability as a passer opens so much up for Joel, another player who can win anywhere. Was very clear to me when Harden was in Houston. Hopefully now Sixers can win a title. The trade was an absolute win for the Philly side. Simmons was never playing for Philly again, just like Watson with the Texans, so offloading him for anything would improve them. I wanted them to move Simmons last year for the best offer. They lost depth in this trade, both Drummond and Curry were good role players, but if you’re giving up that for a once in a lifetime guy like Harden, it’s worth it. The Sixers missing out on him last year was arguably better anyway, as they didn’t need to give up Thible or Maxey in this trade, which they would have with Houston. And the firsts are mostly irrelevant. The one should be late, and the other is so far out that projecting it at all is worthless.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #1073 on: March 12, 2022, 01:03:25 AM »
OF COURSE, I finally get to a Suns game, whose ticket prices have basically quadrupled in two years because of their worst-to-first turnaround, and they lose their 8th (of 36) home game. All you can really ask, though, is that it's exciting, so long as you don't take it more seriously than such an event deserves. I've never been to an NBA playoff game, so I'm going to check that off the list (along with the Grand Canyon) this spring/summer.

Lights on for the starting lineup!
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire