Re: NBA
« Reply #970 on: August 23, 2020, 12:27:47 AM »
I don't eat cake, too much added sugar.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #971 on: August 23, 2020, 12:30:55 AM »
I don't eat cake, too much added sugar.

Translated: That is an astute analysis, ET.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #972 on: August 23, 2020, 12:35:44 AM »
*James Harden eye roll .gif*  :P

I'd say that Harden's wingspan helps him on defense (which I've heard he doesn't play) and in reaching the rim, though his game is in the outside shot and reaching the foul line. Suppose the reach he's got does help space a bit between him and other players to set up the trey.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #973 on: August 29, 2020, 05:53:34 AM »
I love how the NBA is using its influence to advocate for black rights.
Chomsky eat your heart out.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #974 on: September 04, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »
Would love to see Giannis The Great get swept.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #975 on: September 16, 2020, 01:20:57 AM »
So is anyone still watching? I saw the Clippers-Nuggets Game 7 tonight, and couldn't believe how Jokic and Murray really went to another level in the second half. Like, they looked like they took the next step, really in the past three games. PG and Kawhi could not answer them. I don't know how much of a chance I give them against the Lakers, but maybe I shouldn't short change them too much.

But really, this is the NBA Play of 2020 right now:

Bam Adebayo is better than I previously realized. That one play made me reevaluate him and look up his numbers. I think he's a winner. Jimmy Butler is a winner. Would definitely not be surprised if the Heat come out of the East and cause some problems for the West champion. Nuggets-Lakers winner is still winning the title, though. So, probably the Lakers.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #976 on: September 16, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »
The Nuggets would need to crush the Lakers for four of those games in order to advance. With LAC gone, the NBA will not let 4 close games go to Denver, especially when there are baked in narratives for them to further mythologize James. Do think they'll be hands off in the East, as they would prefer a Lakers v. Celtics match for the history, Miami does have more star power and have the clear angle of James and the second team he left Cleveland for v. the first. I'd rather the Heat win regardless, and for them to beat LAL (again, NBA won't let that happen, maybe Boston they would, but definitely not MIA) since Khal Dragic is the shit.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #977 on: September 16, 2020, 07:18:17 AM »
Yes I'm still watching and I will not stand for the violence of you posting that image of what they did to Tatum.

Last night my other Celtics fan friends were way overreacting to a game where we had several 10+ point leads and lost by 3 in OT. They were looking to trade Kemba and Kanter. I had to remind them that we're missing a 17 ppg scorer who also happens to be our best assist guy, too. What the Celtics need are small adjustments on both offense and defense, not a complete overhaul of everything. I'm confident this will be a close series.

But the real story is those Nuggs. I'm not gonna count them out until they've lost 4 games. They're pretty impressive.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #978 on: September 17, 2020, 12:09:20 AM »
I'm sorry, Junior. I do wonder if it will take over for the following as the greatest block in playoffs history (though I think the Heat will have to win it all to match the importance of this one)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ4iwqnLKc&ab_channel=RyanVanDusen

I do really like the Celtics' core, as in they are just pretty likable, hard-working guys. Suns will definitely take Kemba off your hands for any package that doesn't include Booker or Ayton. Tell your disgruntled fans to have their people contact ours. I saw him play live when he was in Charlotte twice, once in Phoenix and once in Charlotte (had a conference there), and it was pretty mesmerizing. Although he's older, he's never really been in this situation before. He can still learn and grow from it.

FLY - I don't really do NBA conspiracy theories. There's been a few shady things in the league, but it's not like there's a true Black Sox type incident to point to. I would actually like to see LeBron get another. He's been a monster this playoffs, and I like the better parts of his activism, though wish he'd come out and reverse what he said about Hong Kong.

So Nuggets in 5, guys?

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #979 on: September 17, 2020, 07:11:05 AM »
I'm putting some down on Lakers to win the series 4-2, might do the same with the Celtics.

I hate Lebron, but think, with everyone left, the refs are going to be way more inclined to give calls to the Lakers, and also think he's the best player of all time.