Author Topic: My Celebrity Encounters  (Read 16774 times)

Corndog

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: My Celebrity Encounters
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »
The comedian Lewis Black signed my ticket to his show once. That's it for me.

I've shaken hands with a few politicians. The wrong ones.

Oh, I didn't think about comedians. I have went to a restaurant with Sean Cullen, talked with Jimmy Pardo, and met Paul F. Tompkins. (All thanks to the connections of Mr. Hutchinson.)
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
talked with Jimmy Pardo,
Me too. He was sooooo friendly.

(but I didn't need Hutch to make it happen  ;))
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
Let's see:

I've met Lorne Cardinal from Corner Gas several times.
I've shaken the hands of both Rian Johnson and Hillary Clinton.
This year I met Matty Robinson ;) and Jay Baruschel at TIFF.
The coolest famous person I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with has to be Romeo Dallaire. Such a uniquely incredible individual, and genuinely nice person. I'm not sure anyone I could ever meet in my life would top my meeting with Dallaire.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
Oh - I was a bartender on the opening staff at OneSixty Blue - Michael Jordan is the owner there and he would come in late night during the opening. I met and served him on opening night and then when he would come in - he would greet me by name. He was very gracious and warm.

That's a cool story. He always seemed like a great guy, I mean just watch Space Jam.

He's actually not a great guy, but I still love him.

Like I said - he was very cool to me and I was very impressed by the fact that he even introduced his friends to me when he said hello - not that he needed to - it was Ahmad and Phylicia Rashad. I have never been much impressed by sports figues but he was quite down to earth while Scotty Pippin on the other hand...
Hey, nice marmot!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
You met Clair Huxtable!!?? Nice.

My other response to that post is: "Now that's the Inside Stuff".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:41:53 PM by matt the movie watcher »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »
In 2000, I had lunch at the Hollywood Hotel restaurant with Heather Tom, who was hosting a bridal shower lunch for a friend of mine, but more importantly, Annette Bening was also eating there at the same time - she had an infant with her. (I couldn't spot Warren.)

When I came out of a store in L.A. and said to the friend I was with something like, "Ugh, it's hot," someone behind us said, "Yep, it's a hottie." It was David Spade. (It was 1994, and he was still on Saturday Night Live, so we thought it was pretty cool.)

My ex used to deliver pizzas in NYC, and he wasn't really paying attention who he was delivering to, and asked David Spade if he had any coupons, he said "No, I'm rich."  Took the pizza and handed him a 50 dollar bill, and shut the door in his face.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »
In 2000, I had lunch at the Hollywood Hotel restaurant with Heather Tom, who was hosting a bridal shower lunch for a friend of mine, but more importantly, Annette Bening was also eating there at the same time - she had an infant with her. (I couldn't spot Warren.)

When I came out of a store in L.A. and said to the friend I was with something like, "Ugh, it's hot," someone behind us said, "Yep, it's a hottie." It was David Spade. (It was 1994, and he was still on Saturday Night Live, so we thought it was pretty cool.)

My ex used to deliver pizzas in NYC, and he wasn't really paying attention who he was delivering to, and asked David Spade if he had any coupons, he said "No, I'm rich."  Took the pizza and handed him a 50 dollar bill, and shut the door in his face.

That sounds like Spade.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

My ex used to deliver pizzas in NYC, and he wasn't really paying attention who he was delivering to, and asked David Spade if he had any coupons, he said "No, I'm rich."  Took the pizza and handed him a 50 dollar bill, and shut the door in his face.

That sounds like Spade.

Yeah I can totally see and hear that in my head.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
David Spade must be everywhere or maybe really recognizable.  He was at the pool at the Phoenician in AZ when my kids were there a couple of summers ago.
Texan Down Under

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:58 AM »

That sounds like Spade.
Haha, that does sound like him!