love

Author Topic: Ferris' GooseEgg Marathon: 40 great films from this decade  (Read 101354 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Before Sunrise isn't from this past decade. But you should watch it, then watch Before Sunset, which is from this past decade. Both wonderful.

Right, I made that comment in my notes.  It's a cheat :)  I'm hoping you're right !
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
Bourne! Locker! America!!! No Belleville? Aw. But still, awesome!!

After this we doin the miyazaki stuff?

Yes!  I have two business trips coming up and I should be able to watch two films a night each week, thus the ambition.  BTW: Welcome back!  :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
I haven't read your last few reviews except for your overall like of them because I still need to see them myself.   But I will and then I will return and enjoy your reviews!

Another excellent list!  But I can't wait for you and 'Noke to do Miyazaki!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
What I Learned Today: Holly Harry doesn't read it for the articles; he just looks at the pictures.

You were able to get a hold of Los Angeles Plays Itself, ferris?

pixote
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:13:06 PM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Ooo, yay - great line-ups! Especially looking forward to hearing what you think of Capturing the Friedmans and Grizzly Man.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
What I Learned Today: Holly Harry doesn't read it for the articles; he just looks at the pictures.

You were able to get a hold of Los Angeles Play Itself, ferris?

pixote

Funny you brought that up.  The fact very little came up in a simple google search had me wondering it this might be a little difficult to get a hold of!  Hook me up filmspotting nation!
(switchboard)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
Sweeeeet! This promises to be completely awesome. I'm really excited for the whole top row of round 3. In the bottom row I've only seen one and hated it, but we'll see. :)

That round 5 sounds awesome, would be great if that ended up happening, but it's not like this isn't ambitious enough already. ;)

But I can't wait for you and 'Noke to do Miyazaki!

Oh yeah, seconded for sure!

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.

People read posts more than a paragraph long?
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Yesss, Requiem for a Dream. My personal favorite of the decade.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Have fun, ferris. A lot of cool stuff in there...and some Ethan Hawke movies  ;).
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.