Author Topic: Ferris' GooseEgg Marathon: 40 great films from this decade  (Read 101373 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: Ferris' Goose Egg Marathon: FORTY(!) Great Films from this Decade (2000-2009)
« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
Have you seen Eastern Promises, ferris?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Ferris' Goose Egg Marathon: FORTY(!) Great Films from this Decade (2000-2009)
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
Have you seen Eastern Promises, ferris?

Nope - I haven't. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
I was cold on Violence as well ferris. It almost felt like a made for TV movie to me. Very very bland material that even a generous helping of style couldn't make interesting.

Eastern Promises was another disappointment for me. Not much interest in future Cronenberg projects at this point.

I hope you get around to MI3 ferris. It's more of a fun action movie.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:45:23 AM by smirnoff »

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2010, 11:52:44 AM »
Eastern Promises was another disappointment for me. Not much interest in future Cronenberg projects at this point.

The first part is disheartening since I consider EP Cronenberg's best picture. The bolded part signals the end of our friendship, it was nice knowing you Noff.  ;D

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
I was cold on Violence as well ferris. It almost felt like a made for TV movie to me. Very very bland material that even a generous helping of style couldn't make interesting.

Violence is the best graphic novel adaptation ever (far better than Watchmen). I agree with Bill, EP is one of Cronebergs best films (Dead Ringers is my fav though).  

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »

Violence is the best graphic novel adaptation ever (far better than Watchmen). I agree with Bill, EP is one of Cronebergs best films (Dead Ringers is my fav though).  

I prefer AHOV to Watchmen, but not by much, however as far as best GN adaptations go my money remains with Road To Perdition. Really though, in my mind you can't go wrong with Watchmen, AHOV or Perdition.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Ferris' Goose Egg Marathon: FORTY(!) Great Films from this Decade (2000-2009
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
Sin City called to say hello.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

The first part is disheartening since I consider EP Cronenberg's best picture. The bolded part signals the end of our friendship, it was nice knowing you Noff.  ;D

I'll make it up to you. Maybe when I get around to seeing Letters From Iwo Jima. :)

I suspect that comparison wasn't chosen at random. ;D

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
I'll make it up to you. Maybe when I get around to seeing Letters From Iwo Jima. :)

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
I liked AHOV but it wasn't great. I kinda loved that final scene though.

Bourne is way better then you let on Ferris. I agree with what you loved and disagree with what you didn't.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

love