Author Topic: TOP 5 MOVIE BAD ASSES  (Read 4436 times)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
Re: TOP 5 MOVIE BAD ASSES
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
yes, but if the friendly giant wished to go badass it would be all too easy

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »
Most Nicolas Cage characters immediately come to mind.
A$AP Fables

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
the Texas Ranger from Public Enemies, much more badass than Bale or Depp in that
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
I stayed away from sci-fi badass. Pretty easy to create a badass when you can bend the rules of reality. For me a sci-fi badass had to stay somewhat in reality. Take Ripley, fighting Aliens with acid blood and three sets of killer teeth BUT she was human with only real type things at her disposal. She couldn't slow time or mutate into something. this is why Trinity or Balrog did not make the cut with me. If I was 20 feet tall it would be pretty easy to be a badass.

Gotcha.  Makes sense.

Well, if the bar doesn't serve his kind, I'd have to go with Ben Foster from 3:10 to Yuma.  Charlie Prince would be a pretty ruthless right-hand man.
The answers you seek are in Norway.

Abomination

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
yes, but if the friendly giant wished to go badass it would be all too easy

True.  That's what should have happened in the finale.

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
I stayed away from sci-fi badass. Pretty easy to create a badass when you can bend the rules of reality. For me a sci-fi badass had to stay somewhat in reality. Take Ripley, fighting Aliens with acid blood and three sets of killer teeth BUT she was human with only real type things at her disposal. She couldn't slow time or mutate into something. this is why Trinity or Balrog did not make the cut with me. If I was 20 feet tall it would be pretty easy to be a badass.

Gotcha.  Makes sense.

Well, if the bar doesn't serve his kind, I'd have to go with Ben Foster from 3:10 to Yuma.  Charlie Prince would be a pretty ruthless right-hand man.
Loved the character of Ben Foster. in that movie i really felt christian Bale was trying too hard. Sort of a I ACTING WITH RUSSELL CROWE, TIME TO SHOW WHAT I GOT whereas Crowe just let the character flow through him. I always love the bad guys with a sense of right and wrong.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 11:29:21 PM »
Doing some of these just off the top of the head. I'm just greatly enjoying going back through these memories.
1. Driver
2. Yoda
3. Tyler Durden
4. Jason Bourne
5. (This one's for FLY:) Scott Pilgrim
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 09:09:22 PM »
Not wanting to look up character names... so the movies...

Taken (and every Liam Neeson movie that followed)
I Saw the Devil
John Wick
Drive
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2021, 05:08:42 AM »
The first 2 characters I thought of were:
Sarah Connor (Terminator)
Ellen Ripley (Alien)

The first 2 actors were I thought of were
Arnold Schwarzenegger, well because
Jackie Chan, because of the stunts, but his characters are generally not bad-asses, so I dropped him from contention

For my final list went with:
Sarah Connor (Terminator), because when the chips were down she stepped up to the plate and jammed it down the Terminators throat
Ellen Ripley (Alien), tough to start with, but ends up going toe-to-toe with the baddest of the bad
Brian Mills (Taken), starts the movie as a bad-ass, and does not let up
Mad Dog (The Raid: Redemption), perhaps should not be here, more just tough, but oh well
John Matrix (Commando), we meet him carrying a tree

HM: Alex Murphy (Robocop), Sister Mary Stigmata (The Blues Brothers), Malcolm Tucker (In the Loop), Insp. Jessica Yang (Supercop aka Police Story 3), Tom Stall (A History of Violence), Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride), Ah Yong (The Killer), Jef Costello (Le Samurai), Will Munny (Unforgiven), Ting (Ong Bak), John Wick (John Wick)

love