Author Topic: DVD Releases  (Read 5144 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: DVD Releases
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2022, 09:07:50 PM »
I wonder if it will be at my library eventually.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2022, 04:28:51 PM »
Might cop this if my library doesn't.

"This four-disc set showcase more than fourteen hours of rarely-seen silent films about feminist protest, slapstick rebellion, and suggestive gender play. These women organize labor strikes, bake (and weaponize) inedible desserts, explode out of chimneys, electrocute the police force, and assume a range of identities that gleefully dismantle traditional gender norms and sexual constraints. The films span a variety of genres including slapstick comedy, genteel farce, the trick film, cowboy melodrama, and adventure thriller."

https://kinolorber.com/product/cinemas-first-nasty-women-blu-ray
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 08:39:45 PM »
I might have to pick this one up at some point.

Widely regarded as one of the most imaginative and influential filmmakers working in animation today, Masaaki Yuasa has been compared to pioneers such as Tex Avery and Max Fleischer. He is one of contemporary anime's most prolific auteurs and has lent his humor and dynamism to genres as diverse as psychedelic thrillers, transcendent rock-operas, and sweetly subversive teen romances. This set includes Masaaki Yuasa's five celebrated feature films MIND GAME (2004), The Night is Short, Walk on Girl (2017), Lu Over the Wall (2017), Ride Your Wave (2019), and INU-OH (2021) along with a host of never-before-seen bonus features and an original book celebrating the work of this one-of-a-kind storyteller. Features an exclusive bonus disc with special features.

https://gkids.com/yuasa/

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 10:58:54 PM »
I thought about that too, but I already have Mind Game on Blu-Ray. I really liked Night is Short, but the others are unknown to me and it's a pretty hefty price point.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2023, 04:18:22 AM »
I really like Lu over the Wall as well. It's a great all ages kids movie. I honestly may watch then others I haven't seen and then decide. Yuasa is one of my all-time fav anime directors and I already own most of his shows.

love