Author Topic: Caught 10 minutes of....  (Read 75538 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Caught 10 minutes of....
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
I told my wife tonight - any movie where Priness Amadala has a baby in the Walmart and lives with the First Lady will only get 5-10 minutes of my attention

That's all it deserves.  My GF and I had both listened to the audiobook and enjoyed it but were extremely disappointed in the movie.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 01:57:42 AM »
Saw a good 30 minutes of The Thin Man. Pretty sure I don't really like this movie anymore.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 03:48:21 AM »
I told my wife tonight - any movie where Priness Amadala has a baby in the Walmart and lives with the First Lady will only get 5-10 minutes of my attention

That's all it deserves.  My GF and I had both listened to the audiobook and enjoyed it but were extremely disappointed in the movie.

I saw that film in the cinema. Hmm.

Saw a good 30 minutes of The Thin Man. Pretty sure I don't really like this movie anymore.

I assume that 30 minutes wasn't the last 30 minutes.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Hawkeye

• Laughter is the best medicine
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 03:05:42 AM »
Oh I love the Thin Man movies!  I've only seen the first three (second is the best), they're just so much fun!
Soitenly yours,

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »
Are you frigging kidding me? You just made that movie sound five times more explosion-y than it actually is. Are Michael Bay's people reading this board? Can someone alert Michael Bay's people that this idea exists? I smell blockbuster.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs in the breakroom today. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
Watched the first 30 minutes of The Seventh Seal. It isn't anything like I expected...it even has a sense of humor! I'm anxious to finish it and check if off the "classics" list.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
Watched the first 30 minutes of The Seventh Seal. It isn't anything like I expected...it even has a sense of humor! I'm anxious to finish it and check if off the "classics" list.

One of my new favs.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »
I saw the first 30 minutes of Tyson before work yesterday.  Pretty good, he already has more dimensions to me as a person.  The old dude who mentored him was an interesting guy.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Return of the King

Loved the LOTR films when they came out and still enjoy them, but this seemed much hokier than I even remembered.  The ridiculously melodramatic scenes between Frodo and Sam are pretty excruciating.  It's amazing how quickly CGI dates.  The battle scenes look pretty goofy in HD.

love