love

Author Topic: Caught 10 minutes of....  (Read 75547 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Caught 10 minutes of....
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
District 9

Those creatures I'd seen in stills are CGI. Interest dropped to zero.

I think there's enough here to like.  You might consider giving this another go
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »
Watched about 40 minutes of North by Northwest. I will definitely finish it sometime soon. I'm craving Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant just doesn't cut it.
Grant >>>>Stewart

Especially in North by Northwest.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »
Princess Protection Program

FLY will kill me for this...

The adult acting is very bad and it's like what... and while I don't think Selena and Demi are that bad, they're not interesting to watch.  Plus, I keep seeing all of these things popping on the movie and that was distracting.  It took me away from something that could actually be slightly interesting but that didn't happen. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
...Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (toward the end) and HOLY CRAP! Barty Crouch Jr. was David Tennant!  I saw the whole movie in the theater when it came out and never noticed him.  I didn't think I'd ever seen him before he became the Doctor.

(For the record, I think this and #3 are the best Potter movies thus far, but I haven't seen 6 yet and don't hold out great hopes for it or 7, because books 5 thru 7 are just too damn huge to do very well).

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
6 is good on a craftsmanship level, the plot isn't great, and 7 will be two movies.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »
An American Carol

I understand it was trying to display a conservative message but it went overboard.  It made liberals seem even dumber than they are but it makes the conservatives and country musicians look like idiots as well.  Plus, it's got a cameo from Bill O'Reilly and Paris Hilton?  I couldn't any more of it.  It's terrible and largely unfunny though Kelsey Grammer was OK as General Eisenhower.
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »
6 is good on a craftsmanship level, the plot isn't great, and 7 will be two movies.

I don't think 2 movies will help much because actually #7 seemed to be the most padded of the books.  There seemed to be an awful lot of depressed wandering around before things finally got going. 

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
Escape From Alcatraz

Just kind of casually watching this on AMC right now. I really like it. Probably haven't seen the whole thing in a while though. This is one of those films that my dad introduced me to.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
Christmas with the Kranks

Is this that bad, because it seems awful.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 07:46:54 PM »

I don't think 2 movies will help much because actually #7 seemed to be the most padded of the books.  There seemed to be an awful lot of depressed wandering around before things finally got going. 

I have full faith in Yates.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.