love

Author Topic: Caught 10 minutes of....  (Read 75556 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Caught 10 minutes of....
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »
Christmas with the Kranks

Is this that bad, because it seems awful.

You lasted 9 minutes and 30 seconds longer than me.  My wife assured me later I made right choice
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
Caught 20 or 30 minutes or so of Susan Slept Here, a film I've already seen and considered here. Things didn't change very much this time around. It just dawned on me that they should've just cast Donald O'Connor for the best buddy role in this one, too, cuz the guy here looks very much like him except not as awesome. Clovis should probably watch this movie as it has Debbie Reynolds looking pretty, pretty cute.

Marbe

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »
...Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (toward the end) and HOLY CRAP! Barty Crouch Jr. was David Tennant!  I saw the whole movie in the theater when it came out and never noticed him.  I didn't think I'd ever seen him before he became the Doctor.

I had that same reaction.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »
... Duplicity.  It wasn't bad (presumably), but I just didn't care.  And I was tired.  I can only see myself giving it another try if there's Filmspot buzz for Robert Elswit.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 06:54:30 PM »
Parts of Rear Window, the credits are telling me it's the Restored version, whatever that means. Is there a better way to see this? I want to watch it all at once since it looked pretty good and, well, it's Hitchcock and I need to watch more of him. Maybe the non-restored version doesn't use as much crappy music?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
... Duplicity.  It wasn't bad (presumably), but I just didn't care.  And I was tired.  I can only see myself giving it another try if there's Filmspot buzz for Robert Elswit.

pixote

I don't think watching the rest will make you care about it more.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
I told my wife tonight - any movie where Priness Amadala has a baby in the Walmart and lives with the First Lady will only get 5-10 minutes of my attention
(switchboard)

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »

pixote

Some people seem to really like it. I'm thinking about checking it out.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »

pixote

Some people seem to really like it. I'm thinking about checking it out.

We disagree.  See now you can trust me :)
(switchboard)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »
Duplicity was the worst movie I saw in 2008.  I was so bored with all the contrivances which in the end amounted to nothing.
Texan Down Under

love