Author Topic: December MDC - Filmspots 2009  (Read 31230 times)

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
Re: December MDC
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »
Depends on the theme.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 12:18:10 PM »
If it's Christmas film's I might back out because the possibility of getting A Christmas Story is just too frightening for me.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
i'm in, my vote is for Filmspot films.  there always seems to be so much to catch up on, and so many films we want others to be familiar with, seems kinda appropriate :)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »
I would prefer not to do Christmas films. Too narrow. If we're going that route "joyful" would be better.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
I think it looks as if most people want to do 2009 films in preparation for the Filmspots.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
I'd like to get in, but my dictator would have to work with German release dates, which can be several months behind... Maybe we could try, and if my dictator can't find anything that's available to me, I could bow out and my dictator and dictatee would form a new pairing.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »
I'd like to get in, but my dictator would have to work with German release dates, which can be several months behind... Maybe we could try, and if my dictator can't find anything that's available to me, I could bow out and my dictator and dictatee would form a new pairing.
If the release date schedule is a problem I don't think you should withdraw, if your dictator can't find a 2009 film that's available to you it should just become a free skate for him/her. The MDC is all about facilitating international participation!  :)
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
If the release date schedule is a problem I don't think you should withdraw, if your dictator can't find a 2009 film that's available to you it should just become a free skate for him/her. The MDC is all about facilitating international participation!  :)

Sounds good to me, matt!

I'm sure my dictator will be able to find something from 2009 for me to watch, but it's always possible that it wouldn't be their first or second choice. And of course I'd like to discover something that somebody truly loved, instead of a compromise that was also kind of ok...

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »

Sounds good to me, matt!

I'm sure my dictator will be able to find something from 2009 for me to watch, but it's always possible that it wouldn't be their first or second choice. And of course I'd like to discover something that somebody truly loved, instead of a compromise that was also kind of ok...

True, this a problem for me too. I remember Bill only got to give me his third choice last year.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »

Sounds good to me, matt!

True, this a problem for me too. I remember Bill only got to give me his third choice last year.

Wasn't a big deal though, twas still a movie I felt happy dictating.

love