Author Topic: I didn't know he/she was in this!  (Read 87111 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: I didn't know he/she was in this!
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2020, 06:30:00 AM »
Rewatched Frances Ha last night. Hadn't connected that Michael Zegen, who played Benji, probably my favorite character in the film, is also Joel Maisel on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2020, 11:35:16 PM »

Adam Driver in Lincoln (2012)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »
Think his name might have even made one of the posters. His scene was for sure in the trailer though, because I was super pumped that, even if it all went wrong (Spielberg, so obvi it did), I'd at least have some Driver to look forward to. Imagine the disappointment FLY felt that day when he all but disappeared after the three seconds or whatever he's in the trailer/film.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2020, 12:41:24 AM »
A duo of Breaking Baddies in Little Miss Sunshine: Walter White and Hand Schrader.

I don't know how the trifecta of White-Schrader-Saul can ever separate themselves and be Cranston-Norris-Odenkirk again. It's especially weird when Odenkirk pops up in stuff, because in my mind he's so clearly Saul Goodman, and I automatically laugh when I see him come up on screen. Like, I had no idea he was going to pop up in Little Women. When he did, I had to turn to my dad in the theater and say, Holy shit, it's Saul! It's actually kind of distracting.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2020, 05:06:04 AM »
I had the same feeling but much earlier from watching Mr Show with Bob and Dave over and over again back in the 90’s.  It took me a while to get use to him as Saul
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2020, 06:53:00 AM »
A duo of Breaking Baddies in Little Miss Sunshine: Walter White and Hand Schrader.

I don't know how the trifecta of White-Schrader-Saul can ever separate themselves and be Cranston-Norris-Odenkirk again. It's especially weird when Odenkirk pops up in stuff, because in my mind he's so clearly Saul Goodman, and I automatically laugh when I see him come up on screen. Like, I had no idea he was going to pop up in Little Women. When he did, I had to turn to my dad in the theater and say, Holy shit, it's Saul! It's actually kind of distracting.

I wouldn't dare look for it in the forums current state but I'm pretty sure i posted a photo of Norris from Little Miss Sunshine some pages back. It's shocking how often Norris pops up pre Breaking Bad.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #516 on: July 04, 2020, 09:14:28 PM »

Téa Leoni in A League of Their Own
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2020, 12:31:18 AM »

Laurence Fishburne as a singles-bar attorney negotiating the terms of a potential one-night stand in Cherry 2000.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Knocked Out Loaded

• Elite Member
  • I might remember it all differently tomorrow.
« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2020, 05:38:18 PM »

Joaquin Phoenix in Parenthood (Ron Howard, 1989).
Extraordinary (81-100˚) | Very good (61-80˚) | Good (41-60˚) | Fair (21-40˚) | Poor (0-20˚)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2020, 07:58:51 PM »
I thought that was a girl at first.

Jon Hamm and Clark Gregg in We Were Soldiers.