love

Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172781 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1530 on: May 16, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
Three episodes into the new season of "Master Of None", and I'm reminded why I loved season 1 so much. This is just a perfect little show. Every episode feels like it was written and directed by Woody Allen, and Ansari has a masterful comic touch.

Yes! I love this show. Also big bud Eric Wareheim's dynamic with lil' bud is just fantastic.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1531 on: May 17, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
Three episodes into the new season of "Master Of None", and I'm reminded why I loved season 1 so much. This is just a perfect little show. Every episode feels like it was written and directed by Woody Allen, and Ansari has a masterful comic touch.
Yea, I'm enjoying it as it really hits where I feel I'm at in life right now.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1532 on: May 17, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
I'm liking Master of None, but I can't get over how stilted the dialogue still is. Most of it feels like line readings, and there's so much unnatural space between lines in the conversations.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1533 on: May 18, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »
I agree that every actor seems very stilted in the show. However, I get used to it as I'm bingeing.  And the second season of MoN is worth bingeing.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1534 on: May 19, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »
Four episodes in and I am struggling to care about this season of Fargo. There are some wonderful performances and some great humor, but the story just isn't compelling. I'm also bummed that Carrie Coon's character gets so little screen time (save the second episode).

I hope this is heading for some weird Repo Man-esque antics, but I might hop off the train before it gets there.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1535 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »
I can't imagine that there will be better one-off TV episodes better than "I <3 New York" or "Thanksgiving" on Master of None, season 2.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1536 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »
Four episodes in and I am struggling to care about this season of Fargo. There are some wonderful performances and some great humor, but the story just isn't compelling. I'm also bummed that Carrie Coon's character gets so little screen time (save the second episode).

I hope this is heading for some weird Repo Man-esque antics, but I might hop off the train before it gets there.

I wasn't immediately hooked like i was for season 2 but I'm all in now after the first 4 episodes. It's everything i expect from Fargo.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1537 on: May 20, 2017, 02:34:07 AM »
Fargo still has promise, but I see the frustration. Certainly doesn't have the punch of season 2.

It's The Americans that I'm sour on this season.
Texan Down Under

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1538 on: May 20, 2017, 04:13:06 AM »
It's The Americans that I'm sour on this season.

Don't tell me that. I haven't started it yet.  :'(

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2017, 02:02:50 PM »
I can't imagine that there will be better one-off TV episodes better than "I <3 New York" or "Thanksgiving" on Master of None, season 2.

Didn't care for I <3 New York, but Thanksgiving blew me away. Then Amarsi un Po was really beautiful.

love