love

Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172285 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1640 on: September 23, 2019, 01:49:35 AM »
I haven't seen Fleabag but I'm kinda bummed Julia Louis-Dreyfus didn't go 7 for 7 for Veep. That would've been quite the achievement.

I'll have to go check out Fleabag now.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1641 on: September 23, 2019, 06:36:29 AM »
I watched it like 3 weeks ago, just finishing on Saturday night. It's alright, not really sure why people are flipping out over it, and think the first season might be better than the second. The show isn't particularly funny, nor is the story all that compelling. When it becomes introspective is when it's probably at its best, but I guess there's a case to be made that what makes it appealing is that it's introspective in every action, and the show is definitely not always at its best, so perhaps I'm wrong there. Also don't like, in all this Emmy showering, that the one true great part of the show, Brett Gelman, is not equally celebrated.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1642 on: September 29, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
Does Big Mike do the voice over for the new Apple Watch ad? If not, whoever is talking over it really, really sounds like Cera.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1643 on: September 29, 2019, 11:34:59 PM »
That's definitely who I thought it was as well.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1644 on: September 30, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
I haven't been able to find much on it doing a quick search, but I'm pretty sure it's him. Getting in on that Will Arnett voice over money. Like I said, if no, then the resemblance is uncanny.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1645 on: October 17, 2019, 03:04:32 AM »
I never got around to finishing the last seasons of The Americans and now I've forgotten which season was which. Anyone who has seen it can you let me know which season has the spoilers mentioned below? That's what i remember happening last.

Is Nina being executed the same season/episode as the daughter telling that religious guy about her parents? I'm fairly certain i watched the season after Nina is killed. I remember Frank Langella's character wanting to convert the daughter. That's the latest part i can remember. Which leads me to believe i haven't seen 5 or 6?

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1646 on: October 19, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
That's Season 4, which is where I left off as well. I've heard even die-hard fans of the series say Season 5 is excruciatingly slow and entirely skippable. I plan on just watching the series finale sooner or later.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1647 on: November 02, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »
Got a free year of Apple TV+ with my iPhone, I guess, so I activated that because I wanted to check out that Emily Dickinson show. Just started. Love Hailee, obvi, just strange to see this a year out of/perhaps the same year as Wild Nights With Emily probably came and went with no one seeing it. Had it not played PFF last year and I not had an open slot perhaps I'd be more jazzed on the concept of this, but feel like it might split the difference too much between that film's stylish willingness to dip in to the absurd and playing things for drama since it's still a 'serious tv show' even though it's a comedy mostly. Not thrilled with Apple's family friendly approach to edit the rap songs, which are, otherwise, a welcome choice, as it puts classic American poetry right next to modern American poetry.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1648 on: November 12, 2019, 06:09:19 PM »
Bought a year of Disney+ ... mostly for the Star Wars. My partner loves all things Disney, so I’m sure she’ll get some good use out of it.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1649 on: November 13, 2019, 12:29:02 AM »
Disney+ was delayed here a week for some reason and it won't let you sign up until it's out.

love