Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172280 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1650 on: December 07, 2019, 10:40:26 PM »
Just finished The Expanse S3.
It’s the best science fiction series on TV right now.
I really need to dive into the books now.
Hey, nice marmot!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1651 on: December 08, 2019, 09:06:16 AM »
Yup. Season 4 drops in a week!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1652 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:04 AM »
The Devil Next Door - Fascinating show. I've never actually seen the kinds of photos from the Holocaust that they show in this. Terrifying stuff.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1653 on: December 23, 2019, 02:32:15 PM »
Been watching a lot of Christmas specials and noticed they all have come to the conclusion that the holidays are about Three Things, in this order.

1. Family
2. Food
3. Presents

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1654 on: December 23, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »
Literally about none of those things.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1655 on: January 10, 2020, 11:03:30 PM »
HSM:TM:TS S1 is all done now  :'(

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #1656 on: January 20, 2020, 03:36:13 AM »
Anyone watch soccer? EPL? I have season tickets to our local Tier 2 team, Phoenix Rising. I'm also a big Liverpool fan, and no, not just starting this year, or last. Just wondering.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1657 on: January 20, 2020, 05:19:23 AM »
I am a Liverpool supporter of about 21 years (Sporty Spice was my favorite Spice Girl), so long-suffering until recently. Also Minnesota United is my domestic team of choice...was a season ticket holder for their first two years in MLS before I moved away from Minnesota. Casually keep an eye on other soccer but don't have teams in other leagues (though since I have ESPN+ I'm tempted to get a Serie A or Bundesliga (starting in the fall) team.

Fun aside re Phoenix Rising, I went to High School with Brandon McCarthy who is one of the co-owners of Phoenix Rising. He's also a Liverpool supporter.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #1658 on: January 20, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »
Yeah, I think much of the suffering is over. A collapse this year would be...so much to bear! Don't think it'll happen with a world class player at the majority of the positions. Who's your favorite player? I'm a huge Trent guy. Love Van Dijk and Alisson, too. I think after having such a porous defense in years past has made me appreciative of our defenders and keeper, although I love Trent for his vision and passing. Guy sees things unfold before they happen and puts the ball on you like no one. I suspect he'll be a central midfielder before long.

That is a fun fact. I'm hoping Rising get to MLS sooner or sooner. They play in a pop-up stadium on the huge piece of land that is set aside for the actual 20K+ seat MLS stadium, of which funding is already lined up. There's obviously lots of soccer fans here, so it's crazy it hasn't happened yet.

Minnesota United's Dark Clouds are cool. From what I know, they have some off-beat songs and chants, more than just aping English football traditions. Rising's biggest supporter group, Los Bandido's, are kind of a Latinx Antifa group mixed with a passion for the game and our very diverse team.

We do have a Liverpool product playing defense. All sorts of connections there.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1659 on: January 20, 2020, 10:59:35 PM »
I thought I heard MLS is done announcing expansion teams and Phoenix isn’t on the list. I find that insane since Phoenix is a massive city with large hispanic population and already one of the best non-MLS teams.

He hasn’t been quite the force he was in past years but Firmino’s such a crafty player and that beaming smile...really the whole team it’s great to see how much fun they are having with it now.

love