Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172757 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1800 on: August 28, 2022, 11:24:12 PM »
I watched the first season of The Expanse.  It was fine.  But I struggle with continuing to the second season.  I had no connection to any of the characters and the events seemed like pretty typical sci fi political conflict. Will it get better?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1801 on: September 11, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »
I watched the first season of The Expanse.  It was fine.  But I struggle with continuing to the second season.  I had no connection to any of the characters and the events seemed like pretty typical sci fi political conflict. Will it get better?

Season 1 is a slow starter, 2-3 are fire.
Hey, nice marmot!

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #1802 on: October 20, 2022, 05:52:23 PM »
I could never finish GoT, the show. The Song of Ice and Fire books are actually great, but the show degraded them to mere soap opera. Also, long episodes that never get you anywhere but the next cliffhanger and the decision to finish the story that Martin may never finish put me off. Emilia Clarke, though...where's the "fire" emoji? Where's that thread about "What's Your Type?", I need to make a post...

Wouldn't you want to finish the series considering you dig EC that much? The costume designer brought the heat for EC in the final 2 seasons. The fits.

Anyhoo, I'm enjoying House of The Dragon. GoT season 1 is way better, but this got way more dragons  8)
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #1803 on: November 18, 2022, 04:56:01 PM »
I could never finish GoT, the show. The Song of Ice and Fire books are actually great, but the show degraded them to mere soap opera. Also, long episodes that never get you anywhere but the next cliffhanger and the decision to finish the story that Martin may never finish put me off. Emilia Clarke, though...where's the "fire" emoji? Where's that thread about "What's Your Type?", I need to make a post...
Wouldn't you want to finish the series considering you dig EC that much? The costume designer brought the heat for EC in the final 2 seasons. The fits.

I mean, I can look at pictures. The show grated on me too much. Rather watch some Ryan Gosling this weekend tbh!

But I do like dragons, like, a lot.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1804 on: February 27, 2023, 02:23:01 AM »
Should i be watching The Book Of Boba Fett in preparation for The Mandalorian this week? I hear he's prominent in there.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1805 on: February 27, 2023, 09:14:11 AM »
Should i be watching The Book Of Boba Fett in preparation for The Mandalorian this week? I hear he's prominent in there.
Episode 5 and 6 are a must. Ep5 is 99.5% Mando and 6 is half Mando and half Cobb Vanth (Timothy Olyphant).

While BOBF didn’t work as a Boba Fett show, the last 3 episodes (5-7) is some of the best Star Wars. It’s also easy to follow without watching the rest.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:23:15 AM by 1SO »

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1806 on: February 27, 2023, 03:53:34 PM »
So i should just watch 5 to 7?

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1807 on: February 27, 2023, 08:26:42 PM »
So i should just watch 5 to 7?
That should be all you need, and it will leave you wondering how this is a series about Boba Fett and why such important Mando character growth is happening outside the regular show.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1808 on: March 01, 2023, 08:19:46 PM »
I was right. If you haven't watched Boba Fett eps. 5-7, the Mandalorian opener is going to leave you with a lot of questions. Matt Singer compared it to if all of the snapped Infinity War Avengers returned during Captain Marvel. Personally, I don't care any more than I care if Pedro is actually on set or if it's a stunt double, but it is some weird structuring because what happens in Mandalorian S3E1 isn't nearly as important to their journey as what happened over on Boba Fett.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1809 on: March 06, 2023, 12:56:52 PM »
For anyone that enjoyed Cunk on Shakespeare, I can heartily recommend Cunk on Earth (based on the first episode). Just as many good chuckles as I'd hope for and some really fun Cunk-style interviews. :)

love